51 | F*cked Up

Round 5

January 25th, 2020

Abella sits getting her hair done in preparation for her Grammy party tonight

Abella sits getting her hair done in preparation for her Grammy party tonight. It's officially Grammy weekend with the award show being tomorrow night. All week she's been going to events, dinners, and parties. In celebration of her nominations they're holding a joint party with Burna Boy.

It makes since because if he wins, she wins, and vice versa since they're both on each other's albums. They're also both signed to Warner Music Group. This'll be the first time she's going to be in a room full of her label employees since she pressed charges against Gabriel.

Earlier today she attended the Roc Nation brunch and being surrounded by other celebrities, artists, and industry people made her uneasy. There were definitely some people who were clearly avoiding her.

They couldn't face her after they boldly told her to drop the charges and let it go or those that treated what she's going through as a messy topic to joke about. People are always so bold on the internet, but quiet in person.

In her Los Angeles, California hotel suite it's filled with her glam squad, team, and her friends. She looks at her phone seeing so many text messages of people saying they'll be coming to her party, but nothing from Anthony.

The original plan was for Anthony to be her plus one to all events including the award show in itself. Abella asked her mother to be her date, but she refused not liking the spotlight. She asked Anthony and he agreed months ago.

But after what happened in Jamaica it's looking like that's not going to happen. She can't even remember half the stuff that apparently happened. When she saw the videos of herself going off on the girl who kissed Anthony, she cringed.

For the past two weeks Abella's been preparing for her performance at the Grammy's with rehearsal, so she's been busy. She didn't talk to Anthony the first week being stubborn and not wanting to accept he had every right to leave.

After Jamaica they definitely needed a break from each other. They hadn't been apart for more than a couple days for almost two months. There's power in pausing and taking a step back to evaluate the situation. You don't have to address every grievance the moment it happens if it means big blow outs and disrespect.