30 | Too Deep

Round 3: Growth

July 22nd, 2019

Anthony sits at a restaurant in Paris, France waiting for Abella to arrive

Anthony sits at a restaurant in Paris, France waiting for Abella to arrive. After more than a week in Spain with his family and friends, he went back to London for the weekend then took a two hour flight this morning. When his phone starts vibrating he puts the menu down looking at the screen to see JJ's Mother flash across it.

He already knows why she's calling, so he answers it. "What's up?" He says dryly before sighing.

"What the fuck is this?!" She asks angrily into the phone.

"What?" He questions like he doesn't know why she's upset.

"This letter saying you're petitioning for establishment of custody and that child maintenance be ended because you're requesting 50/50 custody of Joseph." Anthony knows he shouldn't be wearing such a smug smile right now.

"Do me, I do you. God no go vex," he says in a Nigerian accent with a light laugh immediately receiving a long groan through the receiver. "I'm just keeping that same energy you've been having."

"Are you serious right now?" She shouts into the phone making him pull it back a little.

"Did you think it wasn't coming? You've been taking the piss out of me for too long. You accused me of abuse. Even said my mother mistreated you when she tried to be nice to you, but you took it for granted. You have disrespected everybody around me. My mother, sister, friends. If you can't respect them, I have no respect for you. Respect is all I ask for."

"Fuck you and fuck the respect you want! You can't handle having JJ 50/50, especially now that you're following that dutty gal around like you're her bodyguard or something cause you ain't bout to be dragging my son around! And let's hope you don't choose a woman over your son.."

"What?!" Anthony asks stretching his neck back that it would even come out of her mouth. He keeps his voice calm knowing he's in public. "The only person I'm choosing her over is you!" He says knowing it'll hit her where it hurts. "What you mean I can't handle my son 50/50? It's one more day than what I have him now. I tried to help your ungrateful ass by paying your rent and the monthly money, but you keep moving mad."