35.1 | My Home

Round 3

August 17th, 2019

It's after 8p

It's after 8p.m. and Abella has arrived in Lagos, Nigeria along with Anthony, his family, and some of his friends he invited. After getting their luggage they walk through the Murtala Muhammed International Airport.

It's complete madness with both Anthony Joshua and Béla arriving at the same time, but she already knew this would happen. She comes to Nigeria all the time so she's used to it whereas Anthony hasn't been to his ancestral home in many years.

Seeing as she's used to it she talks on the phone with her mother who's checking to make sure she landed while double tasking to wave at people who speak to her. Abella's family landed in Nigeria a couple days ago, but had already left Lagos to prepare for Odera's wedding that's later this week.

Anthony couldn't believe so many people were here waiting on his arrival. He used to arriving and the only people waiting are his mother and cousin. It's a surreal feeling to receive this much love. Even though he wears a big smile greeting anybody who says hello to him, tapping fists and dapping people who stick their hands out, or stopping to take selfies he's a bit overwhelmed and even emotional.

"It's so many people," he says in shock.

"I told you."

When they walk out of the airport it's dark outside and lightly drizzling. A crowd of people wait outside for their own family members to exit the airport, but are met with the surprise of Anthony and Abella. Before they know it they're being stopped to take countless pictures.

"This way," Abella points in the direction they need to go. After walking the distance to the pick-up area seeing as one of the presidents sold the parking lots for the airport, they get into the awaiting cars here for them.

Abella looks out of the window at a car that's blocking their way from leaving. "Oya! Comot from my front!" The driver yells honking his horn at the other car. All she does is smile because she knows she's in Nigeria when she sees people thinking they own the road. This car could care less they're in a line with others who have a police escort or that they're being told to move. He rolls his window down yelling, "Do you know who I have in this car? Comot for road!"