19 | Potential

Round 2

June 23rd. 2019

 2019

Abella sits in the backseat of a car as a driver follows the directions of the GPS to the address given to her

Abella sits in the backseat of a car as a driver follows the directions of the GPS to the address given to her... Anthony's house. She wasn't going to go to the get together his sister invited her to at first.

She asked the very important question Who all gone be there? When Janet replied their mother, half-siblings, other family, and friends her social anxiety kicked in. She said hell no because she knew she would be awkward and uncomfortable even if nobody makes her feel that way. It's that thought in your head while in the room saying I'm fucking your son, but I'm pretending we're only best buddies right now.

Then it didn't make sense for her not to come. She's going to see Anthony regardless because tonight they're catching a flight to Jamaica. How bad could it be? She asked herself. It was probably a lot easier for Anthony to be around her family because they hadn't even gone on a date or kissed yet. They actually were only friends.

She's also a people pleaser. Janet was very persistent about her coming since Friday night. If the sister of a man you're interested in being with likes you, you make an effort. Plus, she likes Janet. She's someone she would be friends with regardless of Anthony. I ain't doin' shit anyway she thought to herself so now she's on her way there.

Abella decides to FaceTime Errol while on the way there. Her nerves have been a wreck the closer it gets to them going to Jamaica. By tomorrow morning Errol and Rejoice will be in the same place and all hell could potentially break loose.

Errol answers saying, "Wassup, Hell's Bells." It's her adolescent nickname because she was said to raise hell. She was always into something and it was probably because of her need to debate with people.

"You in Jamaica already?"

"Yeah, been here since yesterday. You're leaving tonight, right?"

"I am," she responds making him nod his head. "I know I said congratulations through text already, but congratulations on the engagement again. I'm happy for you..the both of you. You and Valore deserve each other."