57 | Still Here

Round 6

September 14th, 2020

For the next week Anthony finds himself in Mexico for a much needed break after what transpired 3 months ago at his fight against Toran

For the next week Anthony finds himself in Mexico for a much needed break after what transpired 3 months ago at his fight against Toran. The last couple of months have been nothing other than everyone who was present getting support.

They all experienced something traumatic. There has been a lot of difficult and unexpected feelings after the shooting including anger, fear, or anxiety. Flashbacks, nightmares, or constantly thinking about what happened.

Abella and Jermall got shot. Anthony would've been in the same boat if it wasn't for the gun jamming. He should've known something bad was going to happen the way Toran and Trouble got the fuck out of that stadium after the fight.

But the shooting didn't come without consequence... The main shooter's currently in jail awaiting trial.

Toran and the stadium were also sued by numerous spectators for 'alleged' premises liability and negligence claims. Why? Because how did someone get a gun in. It could cost them millions.

Money won't makeup for everything though. Jermall was shot multiple times in his upper arm including his shoulder, as well as his elbow. The shoulder area contains nerves and blood vessels. His subclavian artery was hit, which feeds the brachial artery and the brachial plexus - the large nerve bundle that controls arm function.

Him also getting shot in the elbow could similarly make it impossible to contract or extend the arm. He needed follow-up surgery to deal with blood vessel damage, severe pain, and loss of motor function. He's now in rehab for recovery.

If rehab doesn't help, Jermall will probably never box again. You can't swing an arm for powerful punches when it's that injured. The only plus that came out of it for him was he didn't lose his arm completely.

Abella was lucky hers was a flesh wound. After wearing a splint for some time she fully healed. Of course there's occasional pain, but it could be worse.