25 | The Problem

Round 2

June 30th, 2019

It's the next day and once again Abella's in a different state and city

It's the next day and once again Abella's in a different state and city. She's now in her home state of Texas, but in Houston for Jermall's fight. She's getting closer to going home and she's excited. She's also extremely jet lagged. In a couple days she's went from London to Los Angeles to Las Vegas to now Houston.

Abella stands in the NRG Arena ready to watch Jermall defend his title once again against Brandon Adams. She stands in the second row with their other friends holding Jermall's youngest son out of three, Jason Jermell, who's two and a half years old.

"Lions only, baby. Say Lions Only, J2." She says holding him up high enough for him to see the large screen that shows Jermall's ring walk.

"Lions only," he repeats their slogan before doing a rawr sound making her laugh.

Abella doesn't really know how this fight's going to go. She's never seen his opponent, Brandon, fight before..

...And the uncertainty of the fight lingered for awhile once it started. The fight ended up going the distance. It went all twelve rounds lasting almost an hour meaning it comes down to judges decision.

Jermall's clearly upset about that. He wanted to put on a good show in his hometown after not fighting here for five years. This was sort of like a homecoming. He wanted an explosive knock out finish, but didn't get it.

After the judges look at the points they make a decision. The announcer comes into the middle of the ring saying into a mic, "After twelve rounds of action we have a unanimous decision..." he pauses dramatically as they all stare and wait. You can assume who's going to win and the judges end up shocking you. "All three judges in favor of the winner... And still the WBC Middleweight champion of the world, Jermall 'Hitman' Charlo."

They hold his hand up and the disappointed expression he had earlier turns into a smile..