53.1 | Crash

Round 5

February 8th, 2020

Abella looks at herself in the mirror making sure her hair and makeup is to her liking

Abella looks at herself in the mirror making sure her hair and makeup is to her liking. She's currently in her hotel room in Pasadena, California. After the Grammy's she went to London to attend the BRIT Awards where she performed and took home the award for best international female solo artist.

It was another award she doubted she'd take home being up against the likes of Ariana Grande, Camila Cabello, Lana Del Rey, and Lizzo. She mainly won because people said it'd be a crime due to the fact she worked with so many U.K. artists and producers this past year.

Right after she had to jump on a jet from the U.K. to head right back to California. Now she's getting ready for the NAACP Image Awards. It's award season and she hates it. She's ready to get this one over with so she can crawl back into her shell away from media.

After the fiasco at the Grammy's she's drained. She's surprised they aired her full performance and acceptance speech, but they did. Of course with some controversy. Between the producer saying she didn't clear the creative direction of her performance and people saying her pro-black stance is anti-white, it was a lot.

All she's ever been trying to say is she's anti-racism, anti-oppression, anti-abuse, anti-injustice, and anti-exploitation. Shouldn't everybody feel that way?

One good thing happened... Gabriel's bail was revoked and he was sent back to jail for violating his bail conditions.

In order to be released he agreed to stay at least 500 feet away from all of his accusers including Abella. By him attending the Grammy's he broke that rule. He was also not supposed to leave the state of New York.

Gabriel will now await trial in a New York County county jail after the owner of Warner Music Group bonded him out. Blavatnik posted Gabriel's bond on his behalf worth millions of dollars to secure his release, but this resulted in the forfeit of the amount paid.