55 | Return

Round 6

May 23rd, 2020

Abella sits on the second row of a chauffeur driven Cadillac Escalade traveling down Collins Street in her hometown of Arlington, Texas

Abella sits on the second row of a chauffeur driven Cadillac Escalade traveling down Collins Street in her hometown of Arlington, Texas. She bounces in her seat eagerly as they head towards the AT&T Stadium formerly, but better known as the Dallas Cowboys Stadium.

Tonight she's going to have the biggest performance in her career to date. Bigger than Madison Square Garden, her European tour, or the big award shows. Not only is it her first performance since getting out of rehab, but it's in her home city and it's being held at the NFL stadium with the highest capacity. 100,000 people coming to see her...

"This is crazy. I have a police escort in my city," she beams looking at the police suburban in front of them with the lights flashing making people move out of the way.

"Are you sure it's not too soon?" Odera asks from the back row.

She knows people will say, 'I can't believe her team put her on stage 3 months after an overdose. That's when you know she's around greedy people.' She had every intention to stay off stage.

They cancelled everything else, but she refused to cancel this. This is too big not to do it. This means a lot to her and her city. It's sort of like her homecoming; a way to say welcome back.

She looks out of the window as they pass by familiar places she grew up seeing. "No, it's not too soon."

From the front Sergio turns around saying, "Nobody expects you to bounce right back." Her sober companion, Osiris, nods in agreement.

"You guys, I'm fine," she insists. "Nice to know y'all are concerned, but I can do this. I'm actually excited."

"Maybe you could've started with a smaller show, but we're here now," Odee shrugs.

"Exactly, we're here now," she mumbles to herself. The driver pulls into the parking lot and Abella looks at the huge billion dollar stadium.

They're shown inside and taken to her dressing room where her glam team for tonight has already setup. Abella still hasn't hired a permanent team. She walks in greeting each person before sitting in front of the vanity. She sits back as they prepare to begin her look for tonight.