37 | Try Me

Round 3

August 30th, 2019

Say I didn't love you, you know a nigga loved youDid you forget to mentionAll the things I did for you, times I made a trip'Cause I know you hate the distanceBaby, it's alright,Go ahead and take your timeBut you gotta make your mindMake your mind ...

you know a nigga loved you
Did you forget to mention
All the things I did for you,
times I made a trip
'Cause I know you hate the distance
Baby, it's alright,
Go ahead and take your time
But you gotta make your mind
Make your mind up, ooh
Girl, it's on you to tell me what you wanna do

Anthony's eyes are tight shut as he leans his head against the headrest and the car travels through London. Blame by Bryson Tiller plays through his headphones as he persistently chews on his gum blocking everything out.

His shuffle plays Try Me next by Abella, but instead of listening to it he skips to the next song.

These past couple of days have been extremely stressful. Between training and having stress on his body, he has added stress on his mental making it hard for him to focus.

He just wants this to be over...

He went from either being with Abella or talking to her everyday when he's not busy, to it being cold on both ends. They've both been distant.

The more days that pass by the more Anthony feels like Abella's right. He's trying to put himself in her shoes. Anthony was her age when Natalie got pregnant. He did the same thing Abella did and looked for the first way out. Natalie said no, but what if she would've agreed?

He's been here before and knows the fear. He knows the anxiety and emotions that come with all this.

He knows what it's like to be focused on building your career to get it to the place you want it. He's had the chance to establish himself with ten years put into boxing. Abella on the other hand is still considered a newer artist with three years in. Nowhere near where she wants to be..

Having a baby for a singer isn't like a woman who works a regular 9 to 5. She tours, travels, a fast pace life.

This won't only affect Abella and Anthony. If her career has to be put on pause that affects Odera as well because he's her producer and song writer. He has a family as well. It affects her mother who she takes care of financially.