41.1 | The Crisis

Round 4: Healing

September 28th, 2019

Anthony moves light on his feet in a 16 feet boxing ring as all eyes in the gym are zeroed in on him

Anthony moves light on his feet in a 16 feet boxing ring as all eyes in the gym are zeroed in on him. It's week 2 of a 12 week training camp and he's as focused as person can be with everything he has going on.

The Thrill Is Gone by B.B. King plays through the Finchley ABC gym as his eyes zero in on the pads being held by his trainer before he swings. On impact his gloves and the pads hit with a thud from the power. The lyrics swim through his mind of wading thoughts as sweat drips from his face..

The thrill is gone baby
The thrill is gone away
You know you done me wrong baby
And you'll be sorry someday

He follows his trainers instructions trying to block out his true thoughts, but it's hard. He hasn't talked to Abella since she left London to go back home a little over two weeks ago. When she left needing space she intended to keep the line of communication open, but Anthony's been the one ignoring her calls and texts.

Talking to her would be too hard anyway...

If you ask for space or a break, that's exactly what you're going to get from him. Call it petty or immature. Is he supposed to sit around waiting for her to come back when she's ready? How long is that going to be? A couple weeks? Months? Never? Why should he put his life on pause?

He bounces on his feet moving his neck left and right trying to pump himself up when truthfully he doesn't want to be here.

Usually in training camps they account for a week that can be used to take a break, but they didn't this time. That's in case of family emergencies, injury, health issues, or even bad breakups. Things tend to happen when you're trying to get about ten men all on the same page. They need every day they can get to prepare for this fight.