44 | Push Me

Round 4

October 29th, 2019

For the past two weeks it's been nonstop work for Anthony

For the past two weeks it's been nonstop work for Anthony. It's been an intense training camp filled with good energy here at the Ring of Hope Gym. He only has a week left here before going back home to London to finish out the camp.

The biggest thing they had to work on is his movement and stamina. They plan for this fight to go all 12 rounds and they actually want it to. They want to show a completely different Anthony in the ring focusing on accuracy, speed, defense, and power.

He's done everything he needs to. He lost weight because the extra muscle slowed him down. With him trimming down it helps with not gassing out as fast. It makes him wonder how big he looked before because he still looks big.

Texas is a really good state to train in. They're in the city, but they can easily go to a rural area to get down and dirty. He's been able to go between the gym and outside environments.

On top of that Abella handpicked each championship level sparring partner they brought in and they each have elements that Ruiz possess.

There have been guys who got so rocked by Anthony in sparring they were sent home. Some were sent home the same week they came. He's dropped a few guys in sparring, which is a good sign. To a lot of these men he's the hardest hitter they've gone up against.

Abella scheduled and planned this mini-camp perfectly with David. Some important people in the Mayweather camp came for a few days giving him essential tools.

Working with these teams was a smart move. One who worked with Roy Jones Jr. and the other Floyd Mayweather. Two fighters who mastered the art of not getting hit and using the size of the ring to their advantage.

You don't always have to trade punches in a war to be considered a good fighter. You have to be tactical. That's why boxing is called the sweet science. He's in the best shape he can possibly be in.

That's why when people say Abella's not good for his career he pays them no mind. There's certain people he could never be around if it wasn't for her knowing them.