35.2 | Home

Round 3

August 23rd, 2019

Professional Boxer Terrence 'Trouble' Reynolds sentenced to six months in jail for orchestrating a drive-by shooting back in March

If you don't remember back in March, Trouble, got into a brawl with the Charlo Twins after the Errol Spence Jr. v. Mikey Garcia fight. It didn't end there because it was taken to the streets when in the late hours of the night a sprinter van containing the Charlo Twins, Spence, Béla, Megan Thee Stallion, and 5 more people was shot up in a drive-by. No one was seriously injured and that has a lot to do with Trouble's light sentence. There wasn't enough evidence to directly tie him or his brother, Toran Reynolds, (who wasn't even charged) in connection to the shooting. The light sentence is also the result of the judge giving him time served after he sat in the county jail for two months.

Abella exits out of the article clearly unhappy. "Six months?" She says to herself in disbelief. "I'm so over it, so I don't really give a fuck. Hopefully, when he gets out there's no problems and the beef is over. Even though I have nothing to do with it anymore because I'm not cool with the cause of all this," she says referring to Jermell with a shrug.

Putting her phone down Abella looks around the dressing room they gave her that's full of people including Odera, his soon-to-be wife, her nephew, and her cousins that live in Nigeria.

She's back in Lagos, but tonight's the last night they're in Nigeria. They're in Ikeja to be exact at The New Afrika Shrine. It's a venue where the legendary Fela Anikulapo Kuti's sons, Femi and Seun Kuti, perform.

It's the replacement for the original 1970 nightclub called the Afrika Shrine created by Fela Kuti where he performed regularly. That's until it was burned down in 1977 after one of his albums infuriated the Nigerian government. This lead to one thousand military soldiers attacking his commune and burning it down, including his club.

Although it's not the original Shrine she's still excited to be here. She's been in a good mood all day. Earlier today she brought Anthony to The Shrine to meet the sons of Fela Kuti. Both Femi Kuti and Seun were on her album and Femi sort of became like a mentor to her, so she wanted Anthony to meet him.