5

-vote and comment-
-kelsey's pov-

-vote and comment--kelsey's pov-

| tuesday, august 23 |

all day people have been starring at jack and i, spreading rumors ever since yesterday about how we're now 'dating'.

"were hanging out after school at my place if you guys are in." sam informs jack and i. jack stops leaning on the lockers and stands up straight to talk to sam. he glances over at me and i shrug, nodding my head saying i was in.
"we'll be there bro" jack says making sam nod. "we're lighting up" sam shouts as he walks away from us backwards so he could still engage in conversation and jack laughs shaking his head. "you guys will light up" he says and i furrow my eyebrows.

"light up?" i ask and he closes his eyes as he chuckles at my question. "they're going to smoke" he says after he was finished making fun of me. i scrunch up my nose and he nods his head. "i know" he agrees. "have you ever smoked?" i asked trying to get to know him more. he's really guarded and doesn't tell me a lot, just short and simple answers to the questions i've asked.

leaning against the locker again he sighs. "yeah i used to.." "but it's not a problem anymore" he informs me making me nod. "i've never done it before" i say as he stays quiet, i feel like i've killed the mood with that question.

"it's nothing special. at first it feels great but after a while you stop feeling that way" he says as the bell rings meaning we were late to our second to last period. "we should probably go" i slightly throw my head in the direction of our next class as i bite the inside of my cheeks. he nods in agreement and we head to our class. Art was more of just a goofing off class, of course we had assignments but they were easy.

we walk into class and we see everyone with their sketchbooks and pencils looking at us like it was horrible we were late. "we're just drawing the still life on the tables." our teacher directs us earning a nod from both, jack and i.

"let's just sit over here" he says going to an empty table. "who said i was going to sit with you?" i say raising my eyebrows putting my hands on my cocked hips. he copies my actions making me laugh. "you when you agreed to sahars plan" he whispers smirking. i sigh and grab our sketchbooks as he grabs the pencils.

our still life was the basic fruit bowl with the occasional pieces of fruit spilling out onto the sides. we sit in a comfortable silence and begin to draw it. drawing has always been one of my favorite things to do, id say i'm pretty good at it. i guess it's something my whole family is good at. I'd say my older brother Tyler was the best at it though.

"what the fuck" jack whispers making me take my focus off of my drawing and look at him as he compares our drawings. i let out a laugh at how defeated he looked.

"jack"i let out in between laughs. "how are you so good" he says still looking between the two drawings. "you're one to talk, you're the next da vinci." i say sarcastically and he laughs. "no seriously it looks good. mines... wow" he says looking at his triangle of a banana. "here" i say standing up behind him taking a hold of his hand, placing the pencil back on the paper. "just sketch it out first" i say lightly guiding his hand across the paper.