35

-kelseys pov-
-vote and comment-

-kelseys pov--vote and comment-

| monday october 24 2:32 AM |

"hello" i answer tiredly trying to wake up enough to focus on who was calling. "kelsey" i hear jack say. it sounded as if he were crying which made me fully wake up. "jack. what's wrong?" i ask quickly. he doesn't answer for a few seconds all you could hear was his uneven breaths. "it's my dad" he says with a voice crack making my heart break. "where are you?" i ask as i stand up and slide on my vans as quickly as i could.

"i'm at the hospital" he says trying to calm himself down but you could tell it wasn't working. i've never seen or heard him in this state and Just hearing his like this made my heart hurt, i know it's going to be worse when i see him. "text me where you're at in there. i'm on my way okay?" i say hanging up and running out of the house.

i can just call my parents later and tell them what's wrong, jack is my main priority right now. nobody was really on the roads so i could go as fast as i needed to get there as soon as i could.

when i pull into the parking lot i see jacks car and park by it and run inside to the waiting room that jack had told me he was in.

i walk in and see him pacing back and forth with his hands resting behind his head and tears on his cheeks. johnson and sammy were already here. when jack sees me walking towards him he stops pacing immediately and embraces me into a tight hug and breaks down as soon as i hug him back. "jack what happened?" i ask after a few minutes to let him get out some of his tears. "he got in a bad wreck. i mean really bad kelsey. Him and his friends were coming back from the football game." he says looking down at me. my heart began to hurt even worse. i didn't know how to reply i was at a loss for words.

"what if he doesn't make it?" he asks me with his voice cracking again. "hey don't say that. We need to think positive right now jack" i say taking his hand into mine.. "let's go sit down okay?" i suggest and he nods.

as we take a seat i look over at sammy and johnson and they both looked devastated. it made me remember how they had once told me how close they were to jacks dad now and while they were all growing up. I hate that they have to go through this. i hate that it happened. i wish it hadn't have.

jack lays his head on my shoulder and i rest my head on his and place my hand on top of his. "where's your mom?" i ask looking around realizing she wasn't here. Panic began to take over me hoping it wasn't both of them in it. "she's on her way. she'll be here in like an hour with molly and laura" he tells me making some relief flow through out me. "do you guys need anything?" i ask looking at jack then over to sammy and johnson. "coffee? food?" i suggest sammy nods. "yeah that'd be nice." johnson says quietly not taking his eyes off the floor.