12

-vote and comment-
-jacks pov-

| sunday, september 3 1:13 PM |

I knock on kelsey's door waiting for someone to answer so i can meet her parents like she had requested at the game on friday. the door swings open revealing the guy who had let me and sahar the first time i was over. "come on in son" he says smiling as he opens the door. "Kelsey's up in her room, will you let her know lunch will be ready in about fifteen minutes?" he asks and i nod. "will do" i say and head up to kelsey's room opening up the door instantly regretting it since she was in some jeans and a bra. Her face reddens as she covers herself up. "oh shit my bad" i say quickly shutting the door.

"come in" she says after a few minutes of me waiting out side. i open up the door to see her face is still red. "i should have knocked" i say taking a deep breath. "that would have been a good idea" she says with a small laugh avoiding eye contact with me creating an awkward tension to start growing in the room. "oh your dad said lunch will
be ready in like fifteen minutes" i tell her to break the silence. "we should probably go down there now then, they usually have stuff ready super early" she tells me and i nod and begin following her down stairs.

my parents wouldn't have anything ready for at least another thirty minutes. They start stuff too late most of the time.

"you must be jack, i'm Amanda." who i assume to be Kelsey's mom speaks up as we enter the dining room. "yes ma'am, that's me" i say as she walks over and embraces me i'm a hug. i guess it's just a mom thing being that my mom hugs every person i bring over. i hug her back and look over at kelsey making her laugh and mouth 'just go with it'

"i hope you don't mind us having kabobs and salad" she says running her hand through her hair as she looks down stressing at the food that looked and smelled amazing.

"no it looks great, thank you" i say taking a seat by kelsey as everyone starts to place things on their plates. Amanda comes around with a pitcher of sweet tea and lemonade asking everyone what they wanted and pouring their glasses for them. she seemed to like to have things organized reminding me of kelsey. it was most definitely a trait she picked up from her mother.

"did you guys enjoy the game?" Her dad, micheal , speaks up before taking a bite of his salad. he looks between kelsey and i so i speak up since kelsey had doom in her mouth. "we really enjoyed it, the dodgers won so that made it even better" i say and he smiles after swallowing his food. "i like the boy already" he says looking over at kelsey making me smile knowing that they had approved of me already even thought there's not telling how much longer i'd be around but i guess if we continue to be friends after this plan is over then it's good to have them liking me.