21

-jacks pov-
-vote and comment-

| sunday september 19 9:49 AM |

i look over and laugh at how kelsey was drooling all over my shirt and instantly regretting it from how bad my headache was.  i would love to get up and get some advil and water or maybe even change out of my jeans but i don't want to risk waking her up earlier than she wants to get up. she seems so comfortable so i'd hate to ruin it. i've never been much of a cuddler even with cindy, so having her all cuddled up on me is all kind of foreign to me but i can't lie...i could definitely get used to this. it's not as bad as i would have imagined it to be, its comforting.

i begin to think about last nights events, cindy trying to get with me, me calling kelsey, begging her to stay with me, telling her about how johnson and i have been writing songs and lastly, our kiss. i don't exactly remember why i did it but it wasn't like our first fake kiss we had shared. this one was real. i think i meant to do it, i don't really know nor remember what was going through my head at that moment from how drunk i was. i guess it was just an in the moment thing, but it all felt so right for it to be a kiss that meant nothing. of course i could never tell her that though, she'd probably laugh and get awkward or even distant but then again i'm most likely just over thinking the kiss and it meant nothing. i'm just overthinking about how i actually felt because i don't remember my exact thoughts when it happened.

that's it.

it was just a random, in the moment type of kiss.

"goodmorning" i smile as she sits up getting off of me making me wish that she hadn't woken up yet. it was nice just holding her? if that makes sense.

"sorry" she says as her face starts to turn red when she see's the damp spot on my shirt from her drool. i look down at it and shrug. "i don't care" i laugh, closing my eyes from how bad my head hurt. i grab the water bottle on my nightstand then get up and walk to my bathroom to get an advil with her following me. "i'm never drinking again" i sigh throwing the pill in my mouth taking a large drink of water to wash it down. "Yeah right" she teases as she looks down to the tile on the floor.

"i need to get back to sahars she's probably waiting on me" she adds looking back up to me. "let's go get breakfast first..." i suggest as i grab my toothbrush and apply some tooth paste onto it. "looking like this?" she laughs looking down at her pajamas. It reminded me of how those guys checked her out in front of me. her boy friend.

well fake, but still as far as they know i'm her boyfriend and i know she didn't feel comfortable with them doing it from how she reacted. i should have beat their ass for her.

i shrug and wet my toothbrush and begin brushing my teeth. "i have clothes you can wear" i say as i continue brushing. she leans against the door frame and watches me for a second and sighs. "okay" she reply's before turning around and heading to my dresser to grab some clothes mumbling something as she goes through it.

i smile in the mirror to check out my freshly brushed teeth and walk back into my room causing kelsey to let out a small shriek and cover her bare chest. "i told you to stay in the bathroom" she says quickly making me laugh. "i wasn't listening" i answer honestly and start to laugh even harder since it seems like i'm always walking in on her changing. "go back. i don't see why this is funny" she retorts making me turn away from her.

"i just am always walking in on you changing" i shrug knowing she's glaring at me. "because your a perv" she says sarcastically after a minute of hearing her shuffle around trying to change. "i'm done" she says and i turn around making an involuntary smile tug at my lips as i see her in my sweats and my shirt i made my uncle buy me a couple years ago, both in which were way to big for her.

"that's cute" i tease raising my eyebrows and she shakes her head. "shut up i look homeless" she laughs walking into my bathroom and grabbing the mouthwash since she didn't have her toothbrush with her. "you don't even look bad your fine" i tell her as i take my shirt off. she walks in and looks at me but holds her gaze on my stomach causing me to smirk at her. "nice right?" i ask her and start to pull down my pants and watch her turn around quickly thinking i wasn't wearing any underwear.

"i have boxers on chill" i laugh and she flips me off and spits the mouth wash in the sink before she puts more in her mouth as i get dressed.

"ready?" i ask when she's finished and she gives me a nod

"where do you want to go?" i ask her as we walk down the stairs. she gives me a shrug and i immediately let out a sigh. "ihop?" i alk suggesting the first thing that popped up in my head knowing she's indecisive. "oh yes" she says with a smile.

"so about last night" she starts as she looks over at me when we get in the car. i start the car and wait for her to start talking again. i knew this conversation about the kiss was going to happen sooner or later so it might as well happen sooner.

"you and johnson really wrote songs and all that?" she asks making relief flow through out me but start to worry about when she'd bring up the kiss. "yeah we've always kept it to our selves though, you and sammy and our families are the only people that know." i tell her and she nods as i begin driving. "you were really good, i can't wait to hear you guys' songs" she says making me smile at the excitement in her voice.

"how many songs have you and johnson wrote so far" she asks looking over at me. " three... well three and a half i'm working on one at the moment" i say and begin to think about the songs we've wrote. we wrote two about cindy, heart break ones of course because i was actually hurt when it all went down and writing was the only way to cope and he helped me write. "i'm actually singing at my sister laura's wedding in a few months" i add as i glance over at her to see she's still looking at me. "you should come with me.." i suggest giving her a small shrug. "i'd love to" she smiles and i nod.

"it's in december at this nice venue, it's going to be great" i explain. "hopefully you'll meet her before then, molly really liked you so i know laura will" i say and she laughs. "youngest?" she asks making me smile. "sadly, but it has its perks" i tell her and she nods in agreement as we pull into ihop's parking lot.

"so how's your brother" i ask starting conversation as we take a seat. "he's doing really good, it's great having them down" she smiles. "honestly i'm kind of excited he's having a baby, even though it's hard to believe" she adds making her smile grow wider. you could tell she was more than excited that tyler's girlfriend was pregnant. "the baby is going to be spoiled having you as an aunt" i laugh making her nod.

we order our food and drinks and continue having our conversation on how she's going to spoil him. I look over and see froy and cindy walking in as kelsey keeps talking. Funny how she was just asking to get back with me last night, i guess she took my advice. Kelsey didn't seem to notice them as they stared at us from where they were sitting. she was completely unbothered by it and it made me happy that it's starting to not effect her as much. i guess i'm kind of like a distraction to her to help her keep her mind off of him and the memories they've shared. Although she's had some moments where she's completely lost it, she's come a long way and made a lot of progress. we both have. i couldn't be more proud of us.

2 updates today bc i luv u guys

-vote and comment-