57

jacks pov
-vote and comment-

| monday January 4 5:51 PM |

"there's our best single selling duo of the month" david king says as we enter his office like he had requested. "what's up?" johnson asks him and david begins to smile widely. "take a seat.." he says in all seriousness making my stomach turn but then he smiles at us and it felt reassuring. maybe it wouldn't actually be bad news like his tone had given off that it was.

i take a seat in one of the chairs in front of his desk. johnson and i look at eachother then over to David. "so we have some fantastic news" He smiles widely making all the doubt i've had the past few seconds go away. "so we need your album you guys have been working on out by january 29th because... you guys have a week worth of concerts and a meet and greet the first week of february." he says making us both look at eachother again but this time we had the biggest smiles on our faces. this is by far the best news i've gotten. this is now my career.
i've finally gotten to where i know i it's real.

"where at?" i ask and he looks down at the paper in front of him to check like he had just gotten the news and didn't know all the details. "In San Diego with more young popular artists like you two. they called and asked you guys to come, which is big considering they barely ever ask people to join, it's always the artists asking or doing whatever it takes to get in." he explains and my heart beat starts to speed up due to how exciting all of this truly was. "so what day do we leave?" johnson asks eagerly making david look back down to the paper in front of him.

"february second and you will get back the tenth. of course transportation, rooms, and food will be taken care of by us" he says making all my excitement go away. February fourth is kelseys birthday. ive been waiting to spend this day with her for so long. i wanted to be able to spoil her even more than i already try to do. it's her special day and i'm not going to be there. "something wrong gilinsky?" david asks waving his hand, making me break out of my trance.

"the fourth is my girls birthday" i explain and he smiles. "how sweet, but i can't reschedule this. if you want to make a career out of this, canceling your first actual gig isn't a great start." he tells me and i nod. "no i understand. it's not going to be a problem" i lie and he smiles. "great. so hurry along to dwayne so you can start recording the songs you have written for the album so far" david says standing up. "great talking with you boys, it's always a pleasure" he says. we return the compliment and tell him bye.

"this is big" johnson says jumping up in the air to let all of his excitement out when we exit his office. "yeah" i say nodding and he continues to ramble on about how great this is going to be for us. "I can't believe this is actually happening. we've worked so hard for this." he says again making me try to put on a fake smile. i can't believe my very first experience is going to be a somewhat flop. i don't even know how i'm going to break the news to kelsey or when i should.

"you're telling me" i fake laugh and he stops in his tracks to look at me as he furrows his eyebrows. "yo you okay bro?" he asks and i sigh. "i've just been looking forward to kelseys birthday for a little bit now and i'll
be all the way in california while she's here alone" i explain and he laughs a little. "it's kelsey. she'll understand and besides sahar, nate, derek, stassie and sammy will be there to spend her day with her. i'll make sure of it" he answers making me clench my jaw some at the sound of derek being with her while i'm out of state. "it's not just kelsey. she's my girlfriend. i'm supposed to spend her day with her. she did with me on mine." i say and he raises his eyebrows. "hey no need to get defensive, i was just saying it like she usually is very understanding and won't take it as hard as you think she will. are you sure that's all that's got you like that?" he asks and i shrug.

"its just derek is a little too flirty with kelsey and she doesn't see it." i say happy to finally talk about it with someone other than kelsey. "he won't pull anything while you guys are together and besides he's never said anything about her like how you think he would. they're just friends it's nothing to worry about" he tells me as we approach dwayne's studio.

hey guys!

short chapter. i'm going to try to update again tonight but i'm at a family event rn so i only have had time to write a short chapter so far.

hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!

we're at 23K! thank u for all the reads! keep voting and commenting! don't forget i have another book called reckless that is a jack gilinsky fan fiction as well!! be sure to check it out!

love you guys!