23

-kelsey's pov-
-vote and comment-

-kelsey's pov- -vote and comment-

| friday september 24 5:30 pm |

"kelsey?" i hear someone say from beside me making me stop from looking at the menu and look next to me and see one of my old friends from this summer camp i used to go to with tyler. Sadly mom and dad never sent me after he went off to college because they didn't want me to go alone. i always enjoyed hanging out with and meeting all the new people. it was nice to know people out of omaha.

"chris!" i say raising my eyebrows as i feel a huge smile growing on my face. "it's been so long, i've missed camp so much" i say and he crosses his arms. "but not me?" he asks fake pouting. "no of course i missed you" i smile and take him in for a hug getting a tight squeeze from him. He always gave the best hugs.

"I've missed that smile" he says as we pull apart.i feel an arm go over my shoulder and look over to see jack staring at chris. "who's this?" jack asks looking down at me. "was he bothering you" he adds and i laugh at how serious he was being. he seemed to be a little upset over the whole thing from how tense he felt

"no of course not, this is Chris one of my old friends from summer camp" i tell him and he nods seeming a little uninterested. "i'm her boyfriend" jack says pulling me a little closer before i could introduce him to chris. i look up and furrow my eyebrows and look back at chris who was eyeing us.

"So your infatuation with blake seems to have passed" he laughs as he gives us a smile. "oh my gosh! i forgot about him. he didn't even know i existed, i don't blame him though those braces weren't getting me anywhere" i laugh and he nods. "he was missing out then and now, look at you!" he says checking me out causing jack to tense up even more.

i shake my head and laugh. "What brought you here?" i ask and he blushes. "i'm actually hanging out with my boyfriend" he gushes as he points across the food court to a black guy sitting at a table on his phone, waiting for chris. When the words left his mouth jack seemed to ease up some and didn't seem so bothered anymore.

"i'm so proud of you. how did your parents take it?" i ask since he was always scared to come out to his parents in fear of how they'd react. "they took it way better than i would have thought. I'm just glad i can be myself around them" he says and i smile. "you guys should join us! we need to catch up it's been forever" i suggest causing chris to look at jack.

"yeah we don't mind" he says to him and chris smiles. "let me go see if Tre is up for it first." chris tells us and starts to walk off.

i get out of jacks arms and look over at him. "what was that?" i ask and he shrugs. "i didn't know if he was bothering you or what was going on so i did that" he says and i shake my head. "we hugged, i understand why you did what you did but i don't just hug random people i don't know" i sigh causing him to stay silent.