9

-vote and comment-
-jacks pov-

 | tuesday, august 30 6:39 PM |

"any texts from cindy yet?" johnson asks making me take my focus off of my phone and look across the living room at him and sam. i stay quiet for a minute and shake my head no.

"nah man" i say trying to play it off like i didn't care but it hurt to know that i have to accept the fact that she really doesn't care. I need to move on away from her and onto better things.

"Well i mean there is always kelsey" sammy suggests shrugging and i furrow my eyebrows. "we're just friends" i say clarifying it to them before they had any ideas. "she's hot as fuck" sammy says as he whisper yells the last word i laugh along with johnson.

i can't lie, kelsey is a pretty attractive girl but i don't see myself finding her as something other than a friend. although this plan is bringing us closer i see it as more of a friendship. "shoot your shot man" johnson says making sammy look over in my direction. "how long are you two going to keep faking it?" he asks and i shrug.

"we haven't talked about that yet, id assume until froy asks her to take him back." i say feeling honest about it all. She seems to be caught up on him still but they were in love... or at least she was in love with him. knowing his personality he probably just thought she was just pretty. "well what if cindy asks you to take her back" johnson pushes as i stay quiet for a moment.

cindy... i like her a lot but now that i think about it and seeing kelsey cry over froy..just the hurt in her eyes, what we had wasn't love. I probably just felt like i loved her cause i was with her for so long. i most likely don't even have a clue of what love is. As the days go by i find myself thinking about her just a little less than i had the days before, the thought of her with froy is engraved in my head so it makes it a little easier to just forget about her.

"lets not get carried away now" i say laughing a bit to my self to lighten the mood. "then why are you guys doing what you're doing" sammy asks confused at the whole point, even i'm a little confused. "At this point i'm doing it more for kelsey than my self i guess" i answer honestly and they nod. "you better not start to catch feelings. i'm gonna hit that" sammy states and i laugh to myself again at how confident sam was. Kelsey wouldn't let a guy hit because they want to, she'd have to have feelings for them... it's just how she is. "after froy realized he fucked up she's all yours" i say assuming that's what sahars whole idea of the plan was.

sam and johnson high five and begin talking about how fine they thought kelsey was and how they were going to have to have to talk some sense into froy.

kelsey: hey question

me: hey jack how was your day. oh it was great kelsey how was yours?

kelsey:it was really good. but anyways i have baseball tickets for friday that i obviously never got to use with froy... you want to go with me?

jack: with you?
jack: umm yikes.

kelsey: shut up. we'll leave at 4 :)

jack: i never agreed to it but i guess since i'm being forced to go i should know who's playing

kelsey: dodgers and yankees

jack: i've always wanted to go to a dodgers game..

kelsey: sarcasm, my favorite!

i chuckle a little at her text and look up at johnson and sammy to see them starring at me. sammy runs over and attempts to take my phone out of my hand but i was quick to turn it off so he wouldn't get a chance to see our messages. "whatcha doin bud" he asks smirking and i shrug. "texting kelsey?" i say as more of a question and he laughs. "my girl" he sings sarcastically as he walks back over to where he was sitting making me turn my phone back on.

me: no i'm being serious i love them

kelsey: wow is jack telling me something about him?

me: haha.

kelsey: btw sahar is taking me to school tomorrow

i find myself thinking about how boring and quiet the morning rides to school would be now. She usually has sam and johnson talking their heads off when they used to be so tired and quiet in the mornings.

me: okayyy
read 7:17 PM

i sigh knowing i should have responded less dry so she would have texted back. i actually enjoy talking to her which is surprising since i would have never thought about us even liking each other as friends because of froy. her leaving me on read kind of killed my mood a little bit.

"i'm going to head home guys, it's getting late" i say standing up placing my phone in my jeans back pocket.

"it's like seven thirty" johnson states furrowing his eyebrows. "i'm starting to get tired" i say not completely lying. he nods. "alright man, see you tomorrow" sammy says as iohnson stands up and gives me a quick hug.

man i can't wait until friday.

sorry guys i thought i had updated!