Pt 7:

Newt's POV: Newt hates having to leave you, especially since you're hurt. But he knows just how testy Alby could be when he's upset, and right now he's definitely upset. After a short walk, Newt arrives at what's left of the meeting house. He takes his usual seat and says with a sigh, "Alright then let's get this over with." Newt can see Alby nod his head in agreement, no one really wants to be here. Minho stands up to talk giving off his usual demeanor of calm coolness. "So I and Thomas went back into the maze, as per usual, and we were able to locate the body of the dead Griever form our 'adventure'. When we found the thing, we heard something beeping and saw a flashing light. Without hesitation, I reached into its slimy body and pulled the thing out." Minho pauses and holds up a metal canister for the whole room to see before continuing, "We found this thing, it has the number 7 printed on it along with the word WICKED." Everyone around the room shudders, they all know that word, it's printed on everything in their shucking maze. Whoever WICKED is, they are a big part of why they are all here. Minho continues, "Oddly enough section seven was the open sections, so we went to go explore it. As we got closer the canister started beeping louder and faster, but sometimes when we turned a different way it would slow down or stop altogether. Thomas had the brilliant idea that it was leading us somewhere so we followed it. Finally, we reached a new door, that was open, something we had never seen before. There was a bridge crossing over a chasm leading to a hole..." Thomas cuts him off, standing as he speaks, "The Griever hole." Minho nods, continuing, "Yes, we believe this is where the Grievers come from their way in so to speak, or also known as our way out." Silence falls over the boys for approximately two seconds before everyone sats taking at once. "Could this really be the way out?" "That's not possible." "Are you sure about this?" "You reached inside a Griever?!" "Did you see another Griever?" "Are we going to leave this place?" Newt places his fingers on his temples, he's had enough, "Everyone just shut up!" He didn't mean to be rude, but it works, all eyes are on him. "If what you're saying is true, this is most likely our best way out, but a few things have to be considered before we all go trotting into the bloody maze. First off, that hole is most likely being guarded by the shuckin' Grievers, I personally don't fancy meeting another one of them anytime soon." Alby nods, "True... Although it appears that the doors to the maze are no longer protecting us from the Grievers, so we'll have to face them either way." Thomas speaks up "Then I say we go with a fight, we shouldn't just let them pick us off one by one. Let's get out of here." The power and confidence in his voice causes heads all around to none in agreement, all except one.

 Gally stands up, the anger in his eyes striking fear into most of the boys in the room. Alby Newt and Minho are unfazed. "Are you all out of your shucking minds?! This place is our home, we can't leave. In here we know what's going to happen, but out there, we don't have a clue. Are you really going to trust him?" Gally motions to Thomas, "I went through the changing, I saw things. Including this Shank, he worked with them, he put us all in here. He's just trying to get us in the maze so WICKED can kill us off quicker!" Newt shakes his head, fed up with Gally and his mess, "That's enough Gally, calm down. This is our best option, all we have ever wanted and ever strived for is to get out of here. Now we have a chance, we have to take it. We're going." Gally takes a step closer to Newt, anger in his eyes, but pleading in his voice, "You are all going to die." "Then we'll die fighting," Thomas responds. Silence takes over the room, tension pulling at everyone. Finally, Alby speaks, "Alright then, anyone willing to find a better life, outside the maze, comes with us. If someone chooses to stay that's their problem." He pauses and allows everyone to think about the weight of the decision then continues, "Thomas, Winston, spread the word, allow them the choice, but try to convince them to leave. Newt and Minho, gather weapons and assign them to people willing to fight, Fry, collect as much food as you can and distribute it among everyone leaving." Everyone begins to disperse, but Newt makes his way over to Alby. "Alby!" He shouts, struggling to get his attention. Alby turns around to face him, and for the first time, Newt can see the weariness in his eyes. This boy has taken care of the rest of them, been their leader for so long, always trying to make the best decisions. He's tired. So is Newt. They look at each other for a moment, in a complete understatement of each other. Finally, Alby says, "What is it Newt?" "What are we going to do about Y/n?" "I don't understand your question," "She's hurt, she's supposed to be in bed rest for another week or so..." "She gets the same choice as everyone else. Stay or leave. But whatever her choice is, is hers to make. I know you care for her, just how much you care for her is your business. But Newt I need you, I can't have you get all mushy gushy and say for her. Please." Newt nods, "Alright." Ably smiles and gives Newt a soft hug. With that, Newt turns and walks off to the medhut to fin Y/n. Dread fills his thoughts as images flash before his eyes of Y/n dying either on the way out or stuck alone in her bed, nowhere to run.