We're Not Going to Make it

You: Newt is taking in panting breaths and his voice is low and raspy. Minho walks over to Thomas. You take Newt's hand and strain your ears to hear what they're saying. Minho asks, "Thomas, how long has he been like this?" Thomas shakes his head, "He'll be alright. We just have to get to Brenda. She has the serum." Minho nods looking back at you and Newt. He sees the worry on your face, which only confirms that the situation is worse than Thomas is letting on. The worry engulfs you, making your stomach churn in unpleasant ways. Newt starts to cough again and you pull him into a hug. "You'll be ok Newt. We're almost there." Newt just nods still coughing, he can't bear to talk to you, he can see the pain and fear in your eyes. The pain and fear that he's causing. Thomas gets up, "Come one guys, we gotta keep moving." You nod helping Newt to stand up. Newt stands but stumbles forward, you catch him, wrapping your arms around his torso to steady him. Thomas runs over to help. You hear Minho talking to Gally behind you, "Why are you helping us? I mean I put a spear through your chest." Gally thinks for a moment, then pats Minho on the shoulder. "Yeah, nobody's perfect man." With that he hops up and joins you Thomas and Newt. Minho pauses for a moment, trying to figure out what on earth is going on, then follows Gally as you and the boys start to make your way out of the city.

Teresa: Finally, after all this time Teresa made it back to her lab. She sets up her computer with the micro chip from Y/n's neck and starts running tests on Thomas's blood. The computer pulls up the information that Y/n so desperately tried to hide. And what she finds matches what she's seeing in Thomas's blood. He's the cure. His blood carries the antibody that destroys the cure. Teresa has to find Thomas before it's too late.

Brenda: Brenda and Fry run with the kids, leading them to Laurence's base. But when they reach the building it's abandoned. No sign of Laurence or his people, no sign of Thomas, Minho, Newt, or Y/n. Brenda and Fry exchange a glance of worry before taking off in different directions, searching the place, calling out for their friends.

Laurence: The time has come. The time to take on WICKED. Laurence walks in front of the large crowd of his followers, ready to make his big speech. Tonight is the night that WICKED ends.

 You: Thomas and Minho support Newt's weight, helping him to run. Down the streets, you keep running, constantly looking back at Newt. He looks terrible. But you're almost there. You just have to keep running. A large explosion grabs your attention as it shakes the ground beneath you. You look to the side and see a massive ball of fire that engulfs a section of the wall. Laurence is taking down the city. Gally looks astounded, "This was not the plan."

Teresa: Sirens wail all about Teresa, but she tunes them out as she continues to work. The small sample of Thomas's blood is not only slowing the virus but destroying it. Ava walks through the sliding glass door with a panicked look on her face, "Teresa what are you still doing here? We have to evacuate the city." Teresa looks up from her work, "I can't leave, not without Thomas." Ava looks at the girl sympathetically, "Oh Teresa, it's too late for that now. He's gone." Teresa shakes her head, "No you don't understand. Look at this," Teresa motions to the microscope, and Ava looks in while Teresa continues, "Thomas's blood is the cure. It's destroying the virus!"

You: Running along the streets, you have to take deep breaths to control your nerves. You can feel them prickling inside your chest, keeping your muscles tense and tight, and your brain is on overload thinking through every possible way you could get caught. Gally looks ahead and finds flashing lights and sirens. "Get low." You and the boys duck behind a concrete column and Thomas starts to peek around the other side. Newt starts coughing again. His condition is declining fast. Too fast. You whisper to Gally, "We need to move faster." He looks at you with sympathy, "I'm trying my best." Suddenly a blast goes off behind you and a mob of Lawrence's followers come rushing down the street. They fire guns and missiles and shout as they attack WICKED. You press yourself close to Newt, pushing him down, protecting him from oncoming fire. Thomas looks at the mob and just as they send out another missile, he yells to you, "We've got to go, now!" You nod taking hold of one of Newt's arms, supporting his wait and Thomas does the same. You and the boys dash around the corner of the building. You and the boys duck into a partially destroyed building and set Newt down. Thomas calls Brenda on the walkie. "Brenda are you there." A pause. "Yeah! Thomas, I'm here what's going on?" "We're not going to make it. Get the other kids out of here." A pause. "I'm not leaving you, Thomas." "You have to." "No. I'm can't leave you." "Even if you should?" 

A/n: Thank you guys for voting on my story, I really appreciate it! Please continue to vote and comment :) I hope you enjoy the next few parts!