Crank Tunnel

Ignoring your better judgment you ask, "What's on your mind Thomas?" "Lots of things actually." He responds flatly. "You maybe want to share some of them?" "Not particularly." "It may help to get some of it off your chest." Thomas rolls his eyes then says, "Just about Minho, and you guys. Minho may be dead for all we know. And if he isn't we're all probably going to die trying to rescue him." The fact that Thomas felt so discouraged surprised you. He's the king of inspiration and hope. It's always been him who believed in hopeless causes and made them possible. You think for a minute trying to find the right words to say, but Thomas continues before you can speak. "I feel like I'm leading you guys to your deaths. I want to save Minho, but not at the cost of my friends. Especially since you and Newt have each other now if you two were to get separated because of this suicide mission, that's on me." Now you know what to say, "Thomas we all chose to come with you. We could've easily gone back to bed and let you go, but we didn't. We're here supporting you yes, but also for Minho. Like I told Newt, this isn't just about us anymore. It's about everyone who WICKED has ever hurt. If anyone could take down WICKED it's us. We have a passion, and a reason to fight that's bigger than saving our own skins. We can do this." Thomas nods, a confident smile beginning to creep onto his face. "Thanks, y/n. You're the best." Thomas's attitude shifts after that and he goes back to his usual playful self. The boys start playing a game of 'I spy' and it ends up getting quite ridiculous. You lay your head against the cold window and allow sleep to take over you once more, hoping beyond all hopes that you won't have another nightmare. After a while of driving, you wake up when your group reaches what must be the scariest tunnel in the world. Everyone gets out of the car to survey the area. While Newt and Thomas climb on top of the tunnel to see if there's a way around you walk up as close to the entrance of the tunnel as you dare. You can already smell the rancid smell of rotting flesh, and your stomach begins to churn, although your not sure if it's from the smell or fear. Surprisingly you don't hear anything. Nothing at all, no breeze, no pitter patter of rodents feet. Just horrible eerie silence.

You jump as a voice speaks up next to you. "I hate to be a downer, but if I were a crank, that's exactly where I'd be." You turn to see Newt's face is traced with worry. Thomas speaks up next, "You saw same as I did, there's no way around." "Alright, I get shotgun." Newt says still sounding worried and you let out a small laugh then, everyone piles into the car, double checking that the doors are locked. No words are needed, everyone feels the same nervous nausea rising from within. Fry drives slowly while you look out the window, waiting for something to happen. Your hand moves to nervously fiddle with your bracelet. You jump at every sound. Fear is slowly creeping through your body, sending chills down your spine was your palms begin to sweat as they grip a small pistol tightly. You can feel your heart pounding in your throat. You turn your head away from the window to look at the boys and they look just as frightened as you. You turn your head back and scream as your eyes lock with the eyes of a crank. As you let out the quick scream the crank returns the favor. All three of the boys head's whip around to face you and make sure you're ok. When they see that you are indeed safe they return their gaze to what's in front of them. As the car continues to move forward at its slow cautious pace, the crank continues to trudge along the side of the car. With a closer look, you see it's a woman, and she looks like she is in pain and she looks absolutely terrified. This seems odd to you, all the cranks tended to ignore things that would cause bodily harm. But the way this one is walking, she looks so helpless and scared as she glances behind her every few seconds. She begins to tap on your window rhythmically while pulling at the handle of your door, trying to open it, saying, "Help me... Please... Help... Please..." Repeating that over and over. You get the sudden urge to roll down your window and help. Something inside you tells you that you should, as sadness and pity wells up inside you, while a different part of you screams against it. Apparently, Thomas sees the conflict in your eyes and gently grabs you by the wrist, taking your attention away from the crank. Hesitantly you turn your head towards him. "She's too far gone y/n. We can't help her." He says with kindness and remorse. You nod silently. You try not to look back at the crank, although later you would regret not looking again. 

(A/n, Sorry I'm a little sow to post, I hope you enjoy reading this, I would love for you guys to comment your thoughts or suggestions, thanks!)