A Blast From the Past

You wake up with a throbbing pain in the back of your head in a completely dark room. You hear shuffling, someone doing busywork, waiting for you to wake up. You try to remember what happened to try and figure out why you're here and who could've done this to you. Almost all at once your memories flood back, the hallways, your plan, the guardless open door, "Teresa". The movements around you stop. You were mistaken, you're not in a completely dark room, a blindfold is ripped from your eyes revealing Teresa's oh so very punchable face. Rage boils inside of you and you feel your cheeks grow hot. You try to speak but find you are temporarily restricted by a strong piece of tape over your mouth. Teresa smiles, "I want to talk first." You roll your eyes. "Why were you sneaking around close to my room?" You stare blankly, waiting for her to figure out you can't answer with the tape over your mouth. She just looks at you questioningly. You try to move your hands to point to the tape, but realize that they are bound to the chair along with your feet. Panic rises to your chest for a split second, before laughter overtakes you. The moment when you can see Teresa realize her mistake is priceless. Her face turns bright pink and she gets completely flustered before ripping off the tape...Painfully. Teresa collects herself then says, "Now. Talk." You cock your head to the side and put on your best confident face, "I was actually coming to ask you a few questions. When I found that the little birdie had escaped her cage." To your delight, your voice remains steady giving you a perfect effect of authority. You find it hard to read Teresa's face, you've gotten so used to the boy's expressions that Teresa's seem foreign to you. "That's quite interesting... You see I was coming to ask you a few questions of my own." Struggling to keep up your confidence you say, "Oh really? And what kind of questions would a traitor like you have for me?" Admittedly not your best comeback, but it is the best you've got. Teresa smiles cunningly, "Funny you say that Y/n because if you ask me, YOU'RE the traitor." This time you're caught off guard. "Me? You think I'm a traitor? If I remember correctly it was YOU who sold us out to wicked, YOU who allowed wicked to take Minho, YOU who are currently working for wicked. You know, wicked, the people who put us in that horrid maze as lab rats?! How exactly am I the traitor?!!" Your voice raises to a yell as all of your pent up anger comes bursting out. Swiftly Teresa places a hand over your mouth, preventing you from continuing, fearing that you would give her away. In almost a kind voice she says, "Ok Y/n, let me tell you a story." 

 "We were kids when WICKED first picked us up. We all came from different parts of a dying world, and WICKED promised a cure. WICKED searched wildly for all the immunes they could find and started putting them, and us, through tests. They watched our brain activity and regulated how much our bodies could withstand. After years of mostly mental tests, You, me, and Thomas proved to be quite valuable. Thomas was stationed to watch over the Maze Trials, I was stationed to regulate the medical needs of the Trials while your only task was to find a cure. Day in and day out we all worked, we were best friends. Then Thomas started getting these ideas, instead of talking to me, he would sneak out and discuss plans with you. You were close to something big. But Thomas had enough, after watching Newt jump from the wall he started to communicate with the Right Arm. He recruited you to his plans. In reality, it wasn't that hard to convince you after you heard what happened to Newt. For a while, your plans went unnoticed, but one day Thomas messed up. He tried to bring me into his schemes, He couldn't help himself, we were in love and he didn't want to leave without me. But I turned him in. I was and am loyal to WICKED. All they want to do is find a cure, to save the world. You and Thomas got into a lot of trouble and were soon sent onto the maze. When you guys escaped WICKED outpost and ran into the scorch, the sent me to come and get you guys. But before I left, I and Janson searched your office. The room was charred and the smell of smoke filled the room. You had burned everything except for one pristine note on the crumbling pieces of your desk. You said you had found a cure, but the cost was too high to pay. The only remnants of the data were implanted into your subject chip. The chip you named yourself, 'The Answer.' Y/n, Subject A11, The Answer. All that being said, the traitor in the room is you, Y/n. You found the cure and burned it, dooming all of humanity. Until now." Teresa finishes her story and your mind is buzzing, all of the information overwhelming you to new bounds. Still putting the pieces together in your mind you ask, "So, that's why the chip was stuck in my neck? And that's why you put it in your pocket?" Teresa nods, holding up a bloody microchip. Your head is spinning, you start to feel dizzy. "So what now? You're going to escape and take that thing to WICKED? You can't, there must've been a good reason why I burned the cure..." Teresa interrupts you with hostility in her voice, "Or maybe you're a selfish little shank who only cares about herself and her little boyfriend."