Answers

"What was that all about?" You ask getting quite frustrated. "Sorry, there was something holding it in, it was stuck," Teresa said sounding only vaguely sorry. "What was holding it in?" Newt asks standing up, failing to hide his concern. Teresa pauses, "Not sure..." She's lying, you're not sure how you can tell, but you're certain of it. You stand up, allowing Newt to take your place in the chair. You look back and notice Teresa slide something in her pocket. Then your mind goes back to the memory of when WICKED ambushed the right arm, they were scanning everyone's necks and they were surprised at whatever yours said. Could whatever that was stuck in your neck be the reason? You shake away the thought as Teresa starts on Newt. You hold his hand and feel him squeeze as she makes the first cut. "You and Brenda look good." She states. You can tell she's fishing, looking for a specific answer. "What do you mean?" Newt asks, wincing again. "Thomas said your last treatment was when I last saw you." She adds, not breaking eye contact with you, you just wish she would pay attention to what she's doing to Newt. "So?" You ask, not hiding your annoyance. "That shouldn't be possible, you guys should've turned by now." Feeling a new frustration arise, you snap, "Well we haven't, sorry to disappoint." After that Teresa stays silent, and soon she's done, and you leave her to clean up her mess. As you leave, you notice one last odd movement, she pockets a bloody rag. Your mind swarms with questions. She knows something you don't, and you don't like that. You have the instinct to turn back and question her, but Newt pulls you aside into a dark hallway before you can. "Are you alright?" He asks turning you so he can look at your neck. "I'm fine Newt." He runs a gentle finger down your neck, carefully tracing the outline of the sensitive wound. More goosebumps travel down your arms. He moves away and shakes his head "Sorry, that just made me so mad. You have no idea just how much I want to punch her." "Newt it's ok..." You say trying to calm him down, although secretly enjoying his protectiveness. "No, Y/n, it's not ok. She hurt you and brought up the whole crank thing. She enjoyed hurting you!" You smile up at him. You never really realized that you had to look up to see his face, it's just something you do. "Why are you smiling?" He asks still flustered. "You're sweet." You reply, widening your smile. His face softens. You open your mouth to tell him what you saw but change your mind. Sadly Newt noticed, "What?" Concern lines his voice. You bring your smile back to your face, "Nothing." He frowns, he doesn't believe you, but he trusts that if you think it's important, you'll tell him.

The plan goes down tomorrow night in a little less than 24 hours. Gally continues to make preparations while Brenda and Jorge go on playing cards. Teresa tries over and over to talk to Thomas but he's not having any bit of it. Fry and Newt are going over plans and trying on guard uniforms. Through all of this, you sit and watch. You're not quite sure what you should be doing so you sit and wait for someone to give you a job. Out of the corner of your eye, you see Teresa waving at you, trying to get your attention. You have the urge to give her a not so friendly finger but decide that you're better than that. Pretending that you can't see her is much more fun. You have to stifle a laugh when she says. "Y/n, I know you can see me." Then under her breath, she adds, "I really hope she can see me." After a while, Fry goes off to make some biscuits and Gally searches for some meat so you guys can make sandwiches for dinner. Once the sandwiches were made you ate with everyone else and pretended that everything in your world wasn't crashing down in flames. By this time everyone is tired and they start heading off to bed. After a kiss on the forehead, Newt lays down next to you and falls asleep almost immediately. You watch as his chest rises and falls steadily, silently begging that it will never stop. He looks so peaceful when he sleeps. It's the one time that he is free from himself. You remember savoring the moments you could sleep when you were infected. Teresa was right, You should've turned by now. You have a plan, you're going to find some answers tonight. You wait until you can hear Brenda's snores, Fry's loud paced breathing, Jorge's bear snores to match Brendas, Gally's murmuring, and Thomas's quiet paced breaths. After so long knowing these people you can tell when they are asleep. Once you're the last one awake, you slip out of bed, being extra careful not to wake up Newt. Although he's so tired he may not wake up if a train were to come crashing into the building. You slip Newt's jacket around your shoulders and put on the combat boots that you've worn ever since the mall in the scorch. You slip soundlessly into the hallway and make your way to the room dedicated to keeping Teresa. Turn after turn you walk silently, rehearsing what you'll say to her. Finally, you reach the right hallway and peer around the corner. No guard. This is too easy. You're honestly a bit shocked, if Teresa wanted to break out it wouldn't be much of a challenge. Just as the thought passes through your mind, realization hits.. her door is open. Panic fills you and before you can turn around, a sharp pain lands on your head. Before you go tumbling to the ground you hear a crack as your vision goes dark and everything you know disappears from your reality.