An Old Friend

Your eyes slowly start to adjust to the darkness, you now can see that Brenda and Thomas are in the same van as you. Three guards face you, and everyone is completely silent. Soon enough you hear the brakes squealing as the van comes to an abrupt stop. Someone outside that van pats on the door you're leaning on then opens it. Fear is slowly crawling through your veins but you put on your best confident face and climb out of the van. A second van is just now pulling in, but it's shaking aggressively. Suddenly the door bursts open and you startlingly jump back, crashing into one of the guards. He shoves you to the ground hard. You try and catch your fall but your wrist bends back painfully on the hard concrete and you cry out in pain. You carefully get to your feet and see Jorge beating up one of the guards, shouting "Where is she?!" Brenda's trying to calm him down but he's too distracted. You look a little to your left and see that Newt had heard your cry of pain and now is trying to push his way towards you, held back by several men. Brenda finally gets Jorge's attention, but several of the men are now aiming guns at Newt and Jorge's heads. "Calm down ok! We're on the same side!" You turn to look at the man who just spoke astounded that he thinks you're on the same side. Everyone is silent waiting to hear what the man has to say next, but he doesn't speak, he removes his mask. Your eyes go wide and your mind fills with ten thousand questions. It's Gally, you didn't know him very well back in the Glade, but no one could ever forget those eyebrows. "Hey, Greenie." He says, looking at Thomas. You look to the right of you and see Thomas fuming. "Thomas..." You begin "Gally?" He asks barely a whisper. You hear Fry say behind you "Oh man." "Thomas..." You try again, it's too late Thomas pushes past you, launching himself onto Gally. The next thing you know, they're both on the floor and now Fry and Newt push past you. Newt tries to pull Thomas off of Gally but Thomas is determined. "Thomas stop, just stop." "He killed Chuck." You freeze, you never knew that Gally had been the one to kill Chuck. A whole slew of new emotions wash over you and you begin to feel some of Thomas's rage. "I know, ok? I remember I was there too. But I also remember he was stung by a Griever and half out of his mind. Just calm down." Thomas stays frozen for a moment, fist still raised, ready to strike again. Then he gets up, shooting death glares at Gally all the way back to where he was standing before. Gally nods then says,  "I kinda had that comin'."

"Anybody else? Fry? Newt?    Y/n?" You take a step back, shocked that he remembered your name, you barely ever spoke to him before, but he looks at you like he's known you his whole life.  "You know this guy?" Jorge asks kind of stupidly. It's pretty obvious by now that you do. Fry answers, "Yeah. He was an old friend."  Next, you hear Newt's voice, it comes out weak and faint at first. You look to him surprised. He looks hurt and confused. "How? How is this possible? We watched you die." Gally responds almost immediately, "No you left me to die. And if we hadn't found you when we did, you'd be dead right now." He pauses for a moment then continues, "What on earth are you doing here?" Newt responds, "Minho. WICKED has him here. We're looking for a way in." Gally thinks for a moment, "I can help with that. Follow me." You're astounded, he's going to help? After everything that happened. Thomas's voice interrupts your thoughts. "We're not going anywhere with you." You look at Newt, who knew Gally better to try and see what he thought of the whole situation, you can't tell what he's thinking. Gally nods, "Suit yourself, but I can get you through those walls." Everyone is silent for a second, then you decide to speak up. "It's worth it for Minho. Don't you think?" Everyone nods solemnly then one by one move to follow Gally. Newt comes and walks by you. He tries to take your hand but you wince from the pain of your newly sprained wrist. "You alright?" He asks, and you nod. He looks at your face, which still has blood and sand all over it from being trampled by the protesters. He gently brushes off some of the sand, then carefully wipes away a few drops of blood. All the while looking at you lovingly. You smile as you can feel your cheeks grow warm. You hear Gally from the front of the group say, "Well I guess those to got together after all." He says it like he's talking to Thomas, but he's looking at you and Newt with a brotherly smile. "You seemed confused, Y/n when I remembered your name." You nod cautiously. "That would be because Newt would never shut up about you. Got quite annoying there at the end." You look at Newt who has turned bright pink, you can't help but smile. "You two are cute. A good match." You smile again, Gally isn't so bad when he's not yelling at everyone. You look back at Newt who is even pinker than before. He smiles at you and wraps an arm around you. Fry saves you from being the topic of conversation by asking, "So what happened to you, Gally?"