Control Your Temper

Newt notices the change in your demeanor and grabs your hand while whispering, "Calm down, we need her in a good condition to answer questions." You bite your lip and clench the fist that is not currently being held by Newt in frustrated submission. One thought going through your head, 'later, once she's done answering questions, she gets a piece of my mind.' Gally looks back at Brenda, with a silent question. She looks up from her game of cards with Jorge and says, "I can make that work." Sounding completely confident. You turn back to look at Teresa who looks panicked, "No you guys don't understand, that level is completely restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID." Thomas is the first to respond, "That's why you're going to come with us." Gally cocks his head to the side, "Well I don't know. We don't necessarily need her. Not all of her that is." A sick feeling creeps into your stomach, you can't tell if he's being serious or not. He picks up a blade from the table behind you saying, "We just need her finger." Thomas speaks up, obviously distressed, "Gally back off." "Why? are you squeamish? I'm willing to bet she's done a lot worse to Minho." His words hit home hard, after experiencing a small amount of what he went through not so long ago, you know Gally is right. "Back off," Thomas says taking the blade from Gally's hand. Teresa speaks up, sounding bold. "It doesn't matter, do whatever you want to me, you still won't get through the front door. The sensors will pick you up the second..." Now Thomas cuts her off, "We know we're tagged. 'Property of WICKED'. He walks over to her, still holding the blade. He crouches down beside her, blade in his outstretched hand, "You're going to help us with that too." You stand up abruptly, startling Newt and walk out the back door. Anger is boiling inside of you, all you want to do is punch her in her stupid traitor face, but you can't, that will tip off the guards. Oh and to make it worse, you now have to let her take a knife to the back of your neck and cut out a tag embedded in you by WICKED who knows how long ago. You're walking without any intention and find yourself outside on a balcony. Without thinking you kick a trash can to the left of you as hard as you can. It clatters across the floor loudly, rolling and rolling to the edge, where it tumbles off the balcony with an excruciating loud clang. You wince as you hear a scream from down below. Newt's voice from behind you snaps you out of your tantrum, "What did that poor bin ever do to you." 

 "I'm not in the mood to talk right now Newt." You say, your back turned to him so he can't see the faint smile on your lips. "Well, that's too bad because you're going to talk anyway." He responds wrapping you in a hug from behind, resting his head on your shoulder. Gently he plans a kiss on your cheek. When you don't say anything he adds, "What's wrong, love?" You shake your head, "It's just Teresa. I'm so angry that she's here, right in front of us, completely unapologetic about what she did, and now I can't even punch her in the face. Not to mention the fact that I have to let her cut something out of my neck." Newt simply nods, then moves your hair out of the way before placing a gentle kiss on the back of your neck where the chip resides inside you. Goosebumps scatter all over your arms. Newt turns you around to look at him, "We're all thinking the same thing. You saw Gally threaten her, and I had to force myself to stay seated several times. Just think, this is all for Minho... He's worth it." You nod, he's right. You smile up at him right as his hand goes stiff. You watch as he grabs his wrist with his other hand, it looks likes he's fighting his own arm as it slowly moves towards your throat, like it has a mind of its own. You should be afraid, but you could never be afraid of Newt. His arm relaxes and his eyes meet yours and they're full of sadness. "It will be ok. You'll be ok." Is the only thing you can think to say as you pull him into a hug. You hug him for a while, wishing for something to say, to make him feel better somehow. Nothing comes to mind. Your search for what to say is interrupted by Thomas who has just walked through the door with a rag held to his neck. "It's your turn." He says with sadness in his voice. You nod as follow Newt hand-in-hand to the room Teresa is working in and sit down in a chair. Barely acknowledging you she says, "You first." You nod as anger and a small bit of fear enter your mind. You've never really been afraid of pain, but usually, it comes unexpectedly, instead of voluntarily. Your fists grip the sides of the chair as the small bade makes its first cut. A slow burning pain creeps down your neck and you feel a drop of warm blood trickle all the way down your spine. Teresa sets down the blade and grabs a pair of tweezers. You hear her whisper under her breath, you're not sure but you think he said. "Now time for the fun part." As if she's actually enjoying causing you pain. You cringe as you feel something being slowly pulled from your neck. It feels as if the thing is straining to stay attached to you. Teresa seems as if she's struggling, she sighs and says "Sorry." Confused you ask, "For what?" Teresa doesn't have to answer, she yanks the device forcefully from where it was clinging so desperately. You can't hold in a yelp of pain as the sudden pain draws more blood from your neck. You wince as she wipes it up, less than gently.