Pt 11:

*Newts POV*

I did it, I finally said it. I had to. I know that this is horrible timing but oh well. Either of us could die right here right now, and I had to say it at least once. I love (y/n). I take off around the corner and my steps falter at the sheer sight of the bloody beasts. I pull out my sword and begin to fight my way towards Minho and Thomas. Already there's blood and dead bodies of Grievers and Gladers alike. There's no time to mourn now. I press on. I'm almost there. I hear a scream. It's (y/n). I turn in the direction of the sound just in time to see her be cornered into a corridor by three Grievers. I run to try and help her but my limp slows me down. I trip over a dead body. It's Alby. "No," I whisper softly. Not him, it can't be. But it is. My friend ever since I've been in the Glade is dead. Gone forever. "Newt, Come on!" I hear Thomas shout from the exit. I take one last look toward where (y/n) disappeared. I know she must be dead by now. And I remember Alby's words, "Don't get all mushy gushy and stay for her, we need you." My friends need me I must keep going. So I run. To the best of my abilities, against my limp against the pain of my friend's and my loves deaths. I run. With one last lunge, I make it. I look around and not many others made it. Was it worth it? I guess we will figure out soon. Thomas looks at me, "Where's (y/n)?" I just shake my head. "Sorry." "It's fine, we knew that with her injuries she wouldn't make it far."  We continue down the hall. We see a hologram, explaining everything that the world is, the disease the flare, and wicked's quest to find a cure. And at the end a bunch of people come in, it looks like a war zone, the woman speaking kills herself. I look to the side and I see her body on the ground. This is the war zone from the hologram. Then Gally shows up. Gally looks mental. I see that he's been stung. But that's not the scary part, the scary part is, he has a gun, and it's pointed at Thomas. He still thinks that this is all Thomas's fault. "Gally calm down," I say. "Calm down? Calm down?" I see Minho to the side get a better grip on his spear. A gunshot sounds and Gally has the spear in his chest. It all happened so fast. I look to Thomas, he looks ok. But then I see Chuck. He had jumped in front of Thomas and taken the bullet. No, first Alby, then (y/n), now Chuck. Chuck falls to the ground, blood quickly seeping through his shirt. Thomas is a mess. "Chuck no, please, you're going to be ok. Come on Chuck hold on." Chuck smiles and whispers something to Thomas and hands him something. He whispers one last thing as his eyes roll into the back of his head. "NO!!!" Thomas screams. I pull my hand up to my mouth and I cry. Chuck was the only pure thing left in this world. He was too young. He didn't deserve any of this, none of do. Suddenly a door bursts open and a whole bunch of people in battle gear, with guns come in shouting, "Here they are!" "We found them!" "We're here to rescue you guys." These must be the Rebels the woman talked about in the video. They led us out the door. But Thomas wouldn't budge. He was still holding on to Chuck's body. "We can't leave him!" "Come on Thomas!" I yell. A couple of the people grab Thomas by the shoulders and have to drag him. They tell us to run to the helicopter as they shoot at something around us. We all pile into the helicopter and as we fly off I see some of the people who saved us get tackled by something. But I don't get a chance to see what it is. We fly higher and higher. I see the maze, in all of its complexity. I made it. I am free.