Be Careful

After a short discussion, it is decided that Newt and Thomas will go with Gally. You and the others follow them all the way to the entrance to the sewage line that will take them to the city. Thomas and Newt start grabbing a few things they may need. Fear for Newt fills you when he packs a small hand gun. You want to say something, but words seem to have escaped you. Newt speaks up as he takes off his green jacket, "Y/n, would you mind wearing this while I'm gone?" You look at him curiously as you take the jacket from his outstretched hands. "What do you mean? Why?" He smiles at you as you put it on, you blush slightly. "That way it'll be like I'm right there with you." You smile at him and touch the bracelet he made you so long ago. "Thanks Newt. But you need a jacket too." You look in one of the boxes and find a red jacket that you think will look good on him. You hand it to him smiling. As he puts on the jacket you see something on his arm, it must be a cut or something from when WICKED fired on the crowd of protesters. You bite your lip and smile at him, you made a good choice. The jacket does indeed look good on him. "It looks great." You say smiling before following Newt to the entrance to the sewer. Jorge whispers to Thomas to be careful and you do the same. You look over at Newt who's tying his shoes. You notice that his hands start to shake. You think to yourself he must be nervous. But you question yourself when you see him inspect his hands and slowly rub them as if he's in pain. Concern and worry start to fill your mind. You walk over to him and pull him into a hug. He rests his head atop yours, holding you tight. You look up at him, still in his arms and the world around you disappears, it's like you two are the only ones in the room. You love it when he gives you this feeling. "Are you ok?" You ask. He nods, "Of course I am." It sounds like he doesn't even believe his own words. Worry fills you, but you decide not to press. If it was something really important, he would tell you. "Please be careful Newt. Make sure you come back." He nods again, moving one of his hands to push a piece of hair behind your ear. Your heart flutters as his fingers brush against your ear. "I promise I'll come back." He says. Now you nod. "Good that." For the next few seconds, or minutes or hours, who knows, you just look at him. Loving every bit of him, although unable to shake the feeling that something is wrong. You're brought back to reality by Thomas's voice. "It's time to go Newt." Another nod from Newt then he turns back to you. "I love you Y/n," He says, squeezing your hand one last time before he disappears down into a hole of darkness. Under your breath you whisper, "Til the sun dies."

After several minutes of staring into the darkness, Fry comes up behind you and wraps an arm around your shoulders. "He'll be ok. He's fought Grievers and Cranks and escaped death so many times. He's strong, he'll be back." Somehow Fry's words are soothing to you, and you smile. Pleased with himself that he made you feel better he says, "Now this scary looking guy wants to show us to where we'll be staying, so we should probably follow him." You nod and follow the 'scary looking guy' to a room with just enough poorly made cots to accompany you and your friends. You claim one close to the door so you can know first thing when Newt comes back. After a light meal, you settle into bed and try to fall asleep, images of Newt's shaking hands replaying in your mind until you fall into a restless sleep. You're startled awake by a figure looming over you. You gasp and pull the blanket over your head as if it will help defend yourself from this unknown figure. Then you hear Newt's sweet laugh. "Hey Y/n. It's ok, it's me." You smile. "Newt." You pull the blanket back down and are immediately met with a sweet hug. "What happened? What did you see?" You ask, unable to hold back your curiosity. "You'll see, we're going to have a bit of a discussion with the others." As he responds you can hear shouting voices, Thomas and Gally of course. You nod and follow him out to a room with a large table cluttered with papers, maps, and all sorts of random stuff. You and Newt both take seats next to each other and Thomas starts talking immediately. "No, there has to be another way in." Gally looks flustered and replies, "You saw that place, she's our only way in." You look at Newt, confused. "Teresa." He whispers with anger in his voice. You're shocked at first, but you realize that this really shouldn't surprise you. Although you're not sure if you can hold back a punch the next time you see her. "You really think she's going to help us?" Thomas asks, grasping for straw to not have to use Teresa. A pang of guilt fills you as you consider the fact that Thomas loved her. Of course he doesn't want to use her, the whole mess caused him so much pain, but if it's the only way to save Minho, it should be worth it. Gally responds, "I'm not planning on asking her permission." Brenda to your right speaks up, "Am I missing something, or is this not the girl who betrayed us and ruined everything? What's going on Thomas?" You can hear how much she cares for Thomas. And you wish for her sake that Thomas could get over Teresa and see Brenda as something more. But it's obvious that he's not getting over Teresa any time soon.
A/n: I'd love to hear what you guys think so far and some suggestions (I may not take all suggestions but I'd love to hear some new ideas) thanks for reading 😁