Pt 28:

When Teresa gets back, everyone grabs their stuff and gets ready to leave. Jorge once again leads the way. As you walk you can tell a huge difference in your leg. The pain had subsided greatly, you still had a limp, but it isn't nearly as bad as before. After about an hour of walking, you start seeing more buildings. Even though they are so old and crumbling. They are still magnificent. Although you wouldn't want to be trapped in one of those with a bunch of cranks. "Where exactly are we going?" Minho asks Jorge. "We're looking for a man named Marcus, if anyone knows where the Right Arm is, it's him." "How does he know so much about the Right Arm?" You ask, with skepticism in your voice. "I think it's better not to know," Jorge says in his usual vague manner. As you get further into the city, you notice more and more people. It's so strange, almost eerie. It's like they're alive, but not living. You start to pass by one building with loud music playing, and some less than wholesome people walking about. Then Jorge turns to go into that very building. Your heart rate rises nervously as you share a scared look with Newt. Jorge walks up to a man sitting behind a table. "Hello Marcus, long time no see." Then he does something even more unexpected. Jorge punches the man solidly in the face with a decent thud. Several people gasped. "Marcus, where is Brenda?" "Ah... Brenda, she was so young last time I saw her. Beautiful girl, you know" Jorge punches him again. "Where is she, I know she came this way." "Well, what do you think? She's in there with the rest of 'em." After he says this Marcus starts laughing, not regular laughing, but ugly laughing. It may just be one of the most disturbing things you've seen, and you've been up close with a crank. Jorge storms into the building and the rest of the group follows. Immediately when you walk in, you get a bad feeling. A whole bunch of drunk kids are everywhere, dancing crazy and acting stupid. You start to feel extremely uncomfortable. Jorge finds Brenda and she says that Thomas is in here somewhere, she drunk too, she doesn't look very good. Minho finds Thomas passed out on the floor, apparently drinks don't sit well with him either. Everyone gathers around Thomas, trying to help him up, you're in the back of the group. You notice a group of guys staring at you, but you decided the safest thing to do is ignore it. You start hearing whistles. You bite your lip and roll your eyes as fear begins to creep through you. Then someone grabs your wrist. "Hey, cut it out!" You say as you shake off the boy's hand. He lets go and you turn back around, trying to ignore them. Someone taps on your shoulder. "Leave me alone." "Aw come on sweetheart, we just want to offer you a drink." The boy's voice disgusts you. "Not interested." You say, still not facing them. One of them turns you around. "Aw come on, it'll be fun." His breath in your face reeks of whatever it is he's been drinking, and now you're really mad. "Listen up, I've been through more than any of you can imagine. I've fought Griever and Cranks and I've survived countless days in the barren desert. You do yourselves a favor and leave me alone." You turn back around and your friends are gone. In almost a whisper you say, "Guys? Newt?" "What's wrong sweetheart? Lost something?" The rest of the boys laugh. You slowly slip the knife out of your backpack. "Aw come on honey! Let's have some fun!" One of the boys in the back jeers. "As I said before, you don't want to mess with me, now let me go." You say, trying to sound confident but your fear takes over. Your voice cracks and all the boys laugh. You clench your fist around the knife and shift your feet into a strong position. You're not going down without a fight. "Come on girly, this doesn't have to get messy, just come hang out with us for a while." That was the last straw. "You want fun? I'll give you fun." With that, you lunge at the first boy. You're able to slash at his arm, but you're yanked back by two guys who grabbed your arms. "Let me go!" You shout as you struggle against their hold. You kick one in the shin and he lets go, allowing you to punch the other one. Someone over to side punches you hard in the head, as you stumble he grabs your arm yanking it behind you, making you cry out in pain. You let go of the knife instinctively and the boy catches it and holds it to your throat. You stand still for a moment assessing the situation. You push his arm away sloppily and it slices across your neck and up your chin. You cry out in pain once again. The boy kicks you to the ground and you land hard. You turn yourself on your back and you're surrounded, and helpless. All of a sudden, with perfect timing someone barrels over one of the boys, causing a new commotion. You take the opportunity and kick one of the boy's feet out from under him. You jump to your feet and land a solid punch on another boys face. You turn around and see the boy with your knife. He slashes at you and you try to dodge, but he creates a huge gash in your arm and you cry out in pain. Your rescuer comes over and barrels over the boy and you look around. All the boys are now on the ground, groaning in pain. and there stands Newt, your rescuer.