Pt 19:

You and the group continue to walk. And walk, and walk, and walk. By the end of the day, your leg hurt so bad that Newt had to carry you the last few minutes. Everyone finally got to rest when you found shelter in a very large, old and crumbling building. You had a vague memory of a building like this being called a mall. After finding a good place for everyone to settle, Thomas and Minho went off to find some food and water. They came back several minutes later, with less food than you hoped but at least it was something. You all eat in silence because you're too tired from the long day to say anything. Once you are done, you decide to go looking for some new clothes. You notice Newt's gaze following you, you give him a smile and a thumbs up, trying to tell him that you'll be fine. It's creepy being in a dark building that's falling apart, you keep thinking that you see shadows moving, but pass it off as your imagination. Finally, you find a box of clothes, although none of them fit you. You continue to walk when you see that you're surrounded by boxes of clothes. You smile knowing somewhere, some of these must fit. You find a black pair, of what you think is called leggings, a grey tank top and an olive green jacket with loads of pockets. You change quickly, constantly looking over your shoulder. You also find a pair of faded green cargo pants, a faded red tank top, and a grey jacket. You look around and find a backpack to put the extra clothes in, and start to look around for some shoes.  You find a pair of brown combat boots that are a bit too big but close enough. You start to make your way back to the group when you hear screams. You try and call out to the boys but you remember that your voice is gone. You panic, you don't know what to do. Your best guess is to go back to where your friends are. You hear more screams, and Newt calls out your name. You try to call back but no sound comes from your throat. All of a sudden something pops out from around the corner and tackles you to the ground. Pain shoots through your leg as you try and fight the un-named body on top of you. Finally, you get out from under them and try to limp back to where you last saw your friends. You make it a few feet when the body tackles you yet again. This time you notice a stench beyond anything you had ever smelled. You also can hear the wheezy, painful sounding breath of the still unknown person. They are trying to claw at you, you hold them back but whatever it is is strong and not in the mood to give up. All of a sudden, the lights in the mall turn on allowing you to see the most disturbing thing. The person, if you could even call it that, had black veins covering it, its clothes were torn, hair was matted, had bleeding cuts all over its body, and a blackish fluid was slowly dripping from its mouth. Finally after a whole day of silence, sound finally escapes your throat. You let out a scream, it burns your throat but it's worth it. The boys hear you and start running to help you, calling your name the whole way. You're still holding back this creature when the first boy arrives, kicking it off of you. The second boy, Newt, helps you up from the floor saying, "Come on, (y/n), we've got to get out of here." You nod as he takes you by the hand and leads you, running after the rest of the group. The sounds of coarse screams fill your ears as more of these, no longer human creatures swarm behind you chasing you ferociously. You all finally arrive at a door and Frypan trys to push it open but it won't budge. Frypan and Thomas start trying to kick the door down, but they're running out of time. The screams are getting closer and closer. Winston shuts a door from the way you came and is holding it shut. The door was barely moving an inch as Thomas and Frypan kicked at it, but time is up. The creatures had just arrived at the door behind you.