Pt 24:

*Your POV*

You wake up to see Newts face. A painful tingling is still spiraling through your body, but you forget it when Newt pulls you into the tightest hug. All you can feel now is relief. Who knew that being struck by lightning was so exciting? "I thought I lost you!" You hear him say, his voice trembling either from crying or happiness, maybe both. "Nah you can't get rid of me that easy." He laughs. You pull out of the hug and give him a weak smile, he leans in to kiss you. Once again,  a feeling of sparks fly through you, that feeling will never get old. You give him another silly smile. You realize that your mind is a bit foggy, it's hard to concentrate. You look over and see that Minho is awake too, you smile at him. You'll thank him later. Thomas turns on his flashlight to look around the room, and right next to you, in Newts face a crank screams. He backs up suddenly, crashing into you. Now the both of you back up as more crank's screams fill the room. Cranks were all around, snapping at you. But you notice they are chained down. Something here is off. The group was now all huddled into one spot where none of the Cranks could reach. You stand there for a minute thinking about what to do, you can't go back into that storm, but Cranks aren't a good option either. One Crank snaps right by you, and you say "Bad crank, don't do that." Newt just looks at you with the most confused face and starts laughing, which in turn makes you laugh. "What the shuck is going on over there?" You hear Minho say, making you laugh again. "Nothing!" Newt says still laughing.You both turn your attention back to the Cranks who are struggling fiercely against their chains. A door far back in the room opens, letting a small shaft of light into the room. A figure starts walking into the room, following a very specific path until it arrived right in front of the group. The figure holds up a later and now you can see that it is a girl about your age. "I see you've met our guard dogs." She says with an almost sly smile, and turns towards the door. "Well come on, unless you want to stay here with them." She says motioning to the Cranks. You take one look at the Cranks, grab Newts hand and follow the girl through a minefield of Cranks. The rest of the group follows this girl, she said her name is Brenda. While you're walking you fall behind to talk to Minho while Newt moves to the front to ask some questions. "Thanks for helping me back there." You say, chuckle, then continue, "Sorry I got you struck by lightning." Minho laughs at this then replies, "Of course, what was I gonna do leave you there on the ground?" You smile, but then wince as you stepped a bit too hard on your leg. "Hey, is your leg ok?" "Yeah, it's fine. Just a bit sore." "Are you sure? Your limp has gotten worse." "Well, what do you expect? I got shot in the leg and we've been walking through the desert nonstop ever since." "I don't know, it just seems like it should be a bit closer to being better by now." You both fall silent. You push through the pain to try and walk as normally as possible, to prove to Minho that you are ok. The last thing you need is for them to worry about you, there's way too much going on right now. Each step is painful but you manage to walk decently normal, that is until you reach a staircase. As you begin to ascend, you have to bite your lip to keep from shouting in pain. You make about halfway up the stairs when you take a step at the wrong angle and excruciating pain shoots through your leg. Your leg then gives out as you fall face first into the hard staircase with a shout. Now all eyes are on you. You hit your head on one of the stairs and you reach up to feel a small cut on your forehead. For a second the world is foggy but you shake it off. "(y/n), are you alright?" Newt says as he comes over to help you up. "I'm fine." You say staring needles at Minho, willing for him to stay silent. You get up quickly and hop on one leg up the rest of the stairs. When you reach the top Brenda looks at you with hostility and concern then says, "What's up with your leg?" "Nothing it's fine." You snap at her. "You weren't bit were you?" Fear starting to rise in her voice. All of a sudden two big men come and grab you by the arms, holding you still, while a third begins to roll up your pant leg to look at your injury. "Hey! Let go of me!" You shout as you struggle uselessly against their hold. Several other people now had to hold down the boys as they tried to help you. The man looking at your leg speaks up, "Not a bite, just a gun wound, it's infected." The two other men let you go, and you limp over to Newt and the boys where the other people had just let them go. "We'll help you clean that up while you talk to Jorge," Brenda says. As she turns, once again leading the way like nothing ever happened.