Pt 17:

Newt and Minho's hold on you was tight and Thomas stands off to the side, ready to help if needed. All of the sudden pain shoots through your leg, worse than it ever has. It's like a fire had just been caught and it's slowly spreading throughout your body. You writhe and scream against the pain.  The boiling hot pain seems like it will never end. You continue to scream and scream. Pain filling your throat as your already injured vocal cords are ripped to shreds from your screams. You try and get away from the pain, to escape, but you're held down. Almost all at once the pain stops. You sink down to the ground and take a deep breath letting the air cool your body from the burning pain. All that's left of the agonizing pain in your leg is a buzzing rub feeling. "Th... than..ks Aris." You manage to squeak out against the will of your injured vocal cords. Aris just nods as he tries to find someplace to clean the blood off his hands. Thomas calls Minho to go with him to explore the area to hopefully find some food and water. But Newt stays with you. You snuggle up as close to him as you can, burring your face in his chest as his arms wrap tightly around you. Soon you fall into a deep sleep.

*Newts POV*

Watching (y/n) Struggle and writhe and scream was one of the most painful things I've ever experienced. It was almost as if I could feel her pain. This bright happy girl was in so much incredible pain, it hurt to watch. It kills me to have to hold her down, but I know it's for the best. Finally, it's over. Aris, with his hands covered in blood, holds up the shiny bullet. It's crazy how something so small can cause so much pain. (y/n) finally stopped screaming and writhing, and I can tell she's exhausted. Even after all of that she manages to thank Aris, she is so incredible. Of course, it was barely audible, but it was still there. She curls up close to me and falls asleep, and all I can think of is how sweet and beautiful she looks, even after all she's been through.

*Your POV*

You wake up to the sounds of movement. You look around and see that most of the boys are digging around the room, looking for supplies. You slowly start to shift when you notice that Newt still has his arms wrapped around you, and he's asleep. You stay still to allow him to sleep, although it's not long until he wakes up as well. "Oh hey (y/n), how are you feeling?" You try to speak but your throat burns at the effort. You reach your hand up your neck to feel it and flinch away immediately. Your throat is extremely bruised. You try to feel your neck again, but you're more careful this time. Gingerly you trace lines down your neck feeling for where the bruise begins and ends. "Are you alright?" Newt asks warily. You nod and gesture to your neck, as you try to speak. All that's able to come is a low wheeze. "Hey Aris, come here. (Y/n)'s neck is all bruised up." Aris walks over and takes a look at your neck. After a minute or so of him gently poking and feeling your neck, watching for where you wince, he says " When Janson put her in a choke hold and she fell it squeezed her vocal cords, if that was all then she would just have a sore throat and some bruising. But since she screamed so loudly last night, which of course isn't her fault, she won't be able to talk for a couple days. She needs to heal." You nod and try to thank him, but again only receiving a wheeze. "Thank me later, rest your throat," Aris says with the slightest chuckle. "Now that the two love birds are awake can we get moving?" Minho says making you roll your eyes. "Where exactly are we going?" Frypan adds. "Oh, right. Uhm Aris, (y/n), you're the ones who brought us out of there, where to?" Minho says looking back and forth between the two of you. You once again gesture towards your throat and look to Aris for help. "Janson mentioned a group of people in the mountains, 'the right arm', supposedly they rescue kids like us and take us to the true safe haven." Once Aris was finished, Minho looks to you and you nod, confirming what Aris said.