Stupid Janson

The four of you walk down the hallway to an elevator, and now your heart has resumed it's overly speedy beating. You don't like being out in the open. Anyone could notice and see that something is off. But it's only for another minute, soon you'll be in the elevator away from view. Thomas looks behind him, then turns back quickly hitting the button in a panicked manner. At last, the door opens with a ding and you all file in. Right as the doors are about to close, a hand is forcefully shoved in, causing the doors to open again. Panic grips your heart so strong you feel as if it might pop as Janson walks into the elevator. The elevator starts to rise and an awkward silence fills the air. Janson looks to Teresa, "You're working late." He pauses waiting for a response. When he doesn't get one he continues, "That's what I like about you Teresa, no matter how bleak things get you just... well, you never give up. In times like these, you need a friend, a friend that you can count on." You can hear the fear in Teresa's voice when she says, "I'll keep that in mind." You just hope Janson didn't notice. Janson speaks again, "There is one thing you should know. One friend to another... Thomas is here." The panic gripping your heart squeezes a bit too tight and you're pretty sure that your heart just popped. Panic clouds your vision as thoughts begin to fly through your mind, he knows, we're not safe, this isn't going to work. You notice the boys look at each other nervously and Teresa turns her head toward Janson while he continues, "Surveillance picked him up outside the city walls. There may be a chance that he could try to contact you, and if he does... well, I'd like to think that I'd be your first call." You fear what Teresa's response. Are they actually friends? Will she sell you out again? Instead, she asks, "Will you kill him?" Janson thinks for a moment, "Would that be a problem?" Then the elevator door opens, and Teresa says, "This is me." With that, she walks out of the elevator with you, Thomas, and Newt following closely behind. You let out a sigh of relief as you hear the elevator doors close behind you. That was probably the most stressful 3 minutes of your life. You have this gut feeling that Janson knows that something is up. Or maybe Janson was just being his regular creepy self. All you know is that you most certainly don't want to run into him again.

As you start walking off down a new hallway, Teresa starts talking to Thomas, "You have to listen to me, Thomas. That serum won't save Newt." You feel your heart sink down to your toes, and fear for Newt and anger at Teresa begin to boil inside of you. She keeps talking, "It might buy him some time but..." She's cut off by Newt "Don't listen to her Tommy. She's just trying to get inside your head." Teresa ignores him, "Thomas listen. You know what's going on out there, people are dying, the world is dying. There's something about your blood I don't understand." Completely disregarding Teresa's words Thomas reaches another locked door saying, "Open it. Now." She does what he says but continues what she was saying before, "Let me run some tests, I promise I can protect you." You hear the desperation in her voice, and you begin to think she may just be right. Thomas could be the key to the cure. The key to saving Newt. Thomas rips off his helmet, "Yeah? Like you protected Minho?" Newt grabs him by the arm, "Tommy, what are you doing?" Thomas ignores him, "How many people is it gonna take? How many more people do they have to gather up, torture, kill? Huh? When will it ever stop?" Teresa responds with confidence in her voice, "It stops when we find a cure." "There is no cure!" Now your heart really sinks, you look at Newt who's has turned his head away from you. Suddenly you hear your own voice talking to Thomas, "Thomas maybe we should listen to her. Maybe she could save Newt." Thomas whips his head around to face you and you see Newt do the same. Just then, Janson comes around the corner, gun aimed, "Don't waste your breath, Teresa." Newt and Thomas fire up their guns and train them onto Janson who simply says, "He made his choice long ago, just like Y/n." Three guards start to make their way around the other corner, "Drop the gun kid!" Thomas reacts, putting Teresa into a headlock, the gun pointed at her head. "Back up. Tell them to back off!!" Janson is slowly walking forward, "Hey Thomas, come on. It's just me. I've known you longer than I can remember, you're not gonna shoot her." You shake your head, saying "You don't know him now." Thomas nods in agreement. Janson lowers his gun, "Do it then. Go right ahead." Thomas's hand is shaking, then to your surprise, Teresa pushes Thomas backward into the other hallway with you and Newt before pulling the fire alarm which closes a fire safety door. Teresa provided a barrier between you and the guards.