RUNNING out of time

A/N: Sorry it's been so long since I've posted, I was at the beach for a week. Thank you all for your support! It makes my day to read your comments! Thank you guys so much, and I hope you enjoy!

Newt: It's like he's losing her all over again. He just found out that Y/n is still alive but now she is slipping through Newt's fingers. Newt can't think straight, he can feel the Flare forcing it's way back into his mind, clouding his thoughts. Newt finds himself staring blankly off into space. Minho's voice snaps him out of his trance, "Newt, help me find which button starts this shuck thing." Newt moves quietly, searching through the huge mess of buttons and switches that control the berg. A whoop of joy causes Newt to look up. Minho presses a big blue button and the berg rises into the air. Minho slides into the pilot's seat and grabs the handles. Hands shaking, Minho pulls up on the handles causing the berg to lift higher and higher into the air. Minho shouts to Newt over the roar of the engines, "Thomas will be back at headquarters, we'll meet him there and get you that cure. Then we can get out of here and save Y/n."

Thomas watches in shock as Teresa smashes something over Janson's head. The man crumples down to the ground in a heap of limbs. Teresa moves swiftly, undoing Thomas's bindings. He slides off the medical bed and watches Teresa grab the small vial from Janson's motionless hand. The cure. Janson was going to use it on himself. Thomas's eyes follow Teresa as she pulls a micro chip from her computer. "Thomas, take this. It has everything you need to know to make the cure. That way in case one of us doesn't make it, we still have the cure." Thomas takes the chip, sliding it into a zippered pocket. He then swallows his fear and takes a deep breath. He can't loose anymore friends tonight. He and Teresa WILL escape WICKED and they WILL save Newt. Teresa grabs Thomas's hand and the pair make a mad dash for the exit.

Newt: A shudder goes through Newt's body as Minho bumps into a building with the berg. He hears Fry shout through the door, "Careful in there!" Minho winces, "Sorry!" Newt starts to cough, trying his best to force out the black liquid that fills his lungs. Minho looks at him with concern. "Don't worry Newt. We're almost there." Newt waves him off, still coughing. "I'm fine. really." Minho nods, not quite believing Newt. The Flare is back at it, starting to chew away at Newt's mind, and Newt knows it. He just has to hold on a little longer and get the cure. The door to the cockpit opens with a harsh squeal and Brenda's head peeks through. Newt looks at the girl, fear filling his black eyes as he expects bad news. "With the defibrillator we got Y/n's heartbeat back. But she still won't breath on her own." 

 Newt: With a big sigh of relief Newt sits down in the co-pilot's chair. Hope, there's still hope. Without warning, Newt doubles over falling into a new coughing fit. Brenda and Minho share a worried glance. After three minutes of painful coughing, Brenda speaks up. "Hey Newt, you could probably use some more of that serum now, just to hold you by." Newt shakes his head, out of breath. "No, I'm fine really. Just tired." Brenda moves over to Newt squatting down in front of him. "Now you listen to me Newt. We've been doing all this work to keep Y/n alive. But we haven't forgotten about you. Now I'm going to get the serum so you stay healthy long enough for Thomas to get you that cure. You hear me?" Newt nods, surrendering to the authority in Brenda's voice. Brenda then walks out of the cockpit, going to fetch the serum. Minho's voice breaks the silence. "Wow, that girl is something else." Newt turns to look at the boy curiously, just before falling into another fit of coughing.

Thomas: Hallway after hallway Thomas and Teresa run from WICKED. Gunshots sound from behind them just as they duck around the corner. Obviously, Janson has regained consciousness. He shouts behind them, "Thomas, get back here with my cure!" The rage is evident in the man's voice as he tears through the hallways in hot pursuit of Thomas and Teresa. Thomas's heart catches in his throat as the pair are met with a long straight hallway, giving Janson a clear shot. Gunshots ring out behind them. And Thomas shields Teresa's body with his own. Right as he pushes her around the corner, a sharp pain sears through his back and stomach. His step falters and Teresa pulls him into a dark room with the intent to hide from Janson.

Minho: Coughs fill Minho's ears. Newt is slipping fast. The boy is now crumpled on the floor, his whole body jerking with each horrid cough. Minho can't do anything but watch as he flies the berg. Brenda opens the door and kneels on the ground next to Newt. Newt lashes out, hands jerking towards Brenda's throat. He pins her to the ground and she lets out a yelp of pain. The vial slips from her hand, rolling across the floor. Minho shouts from his chair, "Newt stop! Please, we're trying to help!" Brenda kicks Newt in the stomach and jumps to her feet, "I don't see YOU helping, Minho." Minho turns to face the girl, "I'm driving!" Brenda rolls her eyes just before getting tackled from behind.