Anger and Consequences

A/n: I brought this picture back from the maze because I imagined Newt talking to Y/n in a very similar manor to how he talked to Thomas in that scene. I hope you enjoy, and I would love to hear your thoughts!

 Rage engulfs you, filling your senses. All you know is pure anger and hatred for Teresa. "Untie me. Untie me right now I DARE you." The malice in your voice matches the fierce evilish grin on your face, and for the first time, Teresa looks afraid. Her fear only fuels the flame of your rage. "Untie me right now, and we'll get this our with real quick." Fear cracking her voice she responds, "You need me to get into WICKED." You smile, "You heard Gally, we don't really need ALL of you... just a finger." Teresa looks shocked, "You've changed Y/n. You were my friend." You shake your head, "Oh no duh? You call that friendship? If we were friends, you wouldn't have sold me out. Twice." While you were talking you were sliding your hands out of the ropes, blood trickles down your hand, but your anger numbs the pain. You fling your hands out from behind you and in one swift motion, you untie your feet and launch yourself at Teresa. You raise your fist to land the first blow, but a strong hand has gripped your elbow. You spin around to face whoever it is who has prevented you from your revenge. You soften when you see Newt's face. The look is indescribable. He looks concerned, disappointed, afraid, sad, and sympathetic, so many emotions are scattered across his face and you can't take it anymore. You crumple down to your knees and allow fresh hot tears to flow freely. Your anger filters out of you with each sob and remorse and guilt take its place. You're now numb to any feeling, all you can do is cry. Gally takes Teresa from the room, leaving you and Newt alone. Newt sits next to you, gently pulling your head to rest in his lap. He rests one hand on your shoulder while stroking your hair carefully. He lets you cry for a long while before speaking. You expect him to be disappointed in you for your horrible outburst. The only thing you can hear in his voice is love. "Y/n love, do want to talk?" You're not sure how to respond, you want to talk, but at the same time, you don't want to risk losing yourself to your own rage. You nod. You can almost sense his smile. Cautiously, he lifts you up and carries you bridal style until you reach a balcony from which you can see everything. When you're with Newt you're at peace, he's so wonderful you can't even begin to comprehend him and all of his perfectness. He sits leaning against a wall and pulls you into his lap, resuming to stroke your hair. You tell him everything, from your plan to talk to Teresa, to what she told you, and finally what had finally pulled the trigger of your anger. All the while Newt listens, stroking your hair and caressing the palm of your hand.

Once you've finished your story, Newt is silent, letting all the information set in. After a moment he says, "I trust that there was a good reason you destroyed the cure. At the same time, Teresa is not to be trusted, she could use this to try and get something from you so just be careful." You nod and he continues, "I don't think she was able to say everything she wanted to. She may come to you again. I'll be right here with you though. For now, let's just worry about getting Minho out, that's what's important." You nod again, both you and Newt are deep in thought. "What do you think Gally will do to her?" You ask, thinking about how she still has the micro chip. "I don't know, he'll probably question her for three hours before letting her go." You laugh at that, "What about the micro chip?" "There's not much harm she can really do at this point. That is, if our plan works." You nod in agreement and there's silence for a moment. "I should probably go clean up..." You say, not moving. "Yeah, you probably should..." He responds, also not moving. You turn your head to look at him, "Thank you Newt." He smiles at you, "For what?" "For loving me, even when I make the wrong choices, or if I can't contain my anger." "Y/n, I will love you forever, no matter what. I'll love you til the sun dies. Nothing you do is ever going to change that." You contemplate kissing him, but this moment is so perfect that it's too perfect, even for a kiss. You lay your head down on his shoulder and feel his arms wrap around you as rests his head atop of yours. In his embrace you feel warm and safe, you feel like yourself again. You close your eyes and smile when a few wisps of his hair fall into your face. "How did you know to look for me?" You ask, weariness dripping from your voice with a yawn. "When I felt that you weren't next to me I knew something was wrong. I came looking for you and heard you shouting." You smile. Such a simple answer fills your heart with so much joy. "I love you Newt." "I know." You laugh and your eyes start drooping on their own. You want to stay awake and savor this moment with Newt. But eventually, sleep takes over. Warm happy and at peace, you sleep perfectly, all anger gone. In Newt's arms, you are free.