Back in the Maze

You're back in the glade. You're standing on plush green grass, surrounded by luscious trees. Birds are chirping and you can hear small critters scurrying through fallen leaves. You take a deep long breath letting the clean air fill your lungs, refreshing you like you haven't breathed in days. As you look around, you feel a cool breeze in your face and you're at peace. You sigh and allow your muscles to relax as you stand in pure bliss. Although you feel calm and at peace, something is missing. You scan your surrounding only to find that you are alone. You can't remember who should be there, or why you miss them, but you know that they're gone. You walk around the abandoned buildings, oddly enough you don't feel any unease. The peace and tranquility of your surroundings calm your, would-be anxiety's. That is until you hear heavy breathing, not far to the right of you. You grab an abandoned sword that is strangely familiar and creep around the corner of the building. There you see a tall Asian boy spinning is panicked confused circles. Murmuring what sounds to you like names. You vaguely recognize the boy, as if from a past life. You want to call out to him, but his name remains a mystery to your mind. His eyes land on yours and you can tell he recognizes you. "Y/n?" He says in almost a whisper as if he's begging for that to be your name. You nod slowly, your mind still searching for a name to match this boy's face. He walks up to you and places his hands on your shoulders in an almost brotherly fashion. At his touch, you feel electricity, not like love electricity or anything like that, but actual electricity, you look down to see small bolts of that electricity traveling between the two of you. The shock jogs your memory. It all comes rushing back like a flood, hitting you like a wave. Minho, Newt, Thomas, the maze, the scorch, wicked, all of it. "Minho." You whisper, causing his face to light up at your recognition. "Y/n, how are you here?" He asks unable to hide excitement from his voice. "I... Don't know." Minho nods going deep into thought. "Minho, you're alive." You say just now realizing the meaning of this strange encounter. "Well duh." There's that humor again. You smile, you missed this, you missed him, your best friend. A loud sound from the maze erupts sending familiar chills down your spine. All of a sudden your surroundings change, now you're inside the maze, Minho is still with you, but you are being closely pursued by a horrid mechanical slimy griever.

An extreme feeling of dejavu resonates in your brain as your feet pound rhythmically on the cold hard stones of the maze. The blood pulses through your veins giving power to your muscles to push you away from the griever chasing viciously after you. You hear Minho scream next to you as he crashes to the ground tackled by the griever. "Minho!" You shout attacking the griever with the sword that is strangely still in your hands. The sword becomes lodges in the griever's slimy flesh., and you try desperately to free it. Pain shoots through your body as you're slammed into the wall by the razor-edged arm of the griever. You begin to black out slowly from the impact, but before your world fades, you see the griever send its final blow through Minho's body. The scene changes once again. You and Minho are in the hallway on the outside of the maze, a green exit sign flickering above you. The world starts to spin, faster and faster. Your feet are stuck to the floor, anchoring you down while the force of the spin desperately string to rip you from where you stand. You grab Minho's hand as you scream in pain from the force tearing at you. You get a sudden sense that this is where your and Minho's strange worlds split apart. With whatever strength you have left, you shout to him across the rushing wind. "Minho, we're coming for you! We're going to save you! Keep hope, we'll be there soon!" Minho squeezes your hand, letting you know that he heard you and understands. Then you're ripped away with one final pull. The scene changes yet again, but Minho is no longer by your side. You don't recognize this new location. You spin around seeing that you're on the roof of a building, surrounded by many many other tall buildings and skyscrapers. The building you're currently standing on is one of few that aren't on fire. Once you finish your 360 scan of your surroundings you notice a figure with their back toward you. You don't need to see their face, you know who it is. "Newt?" You ask already knowing the answer. He doesn't respond. "Newt?" You say louder this time, walking towards him. This time he responds. "Go away." Your heart drops, "What?" "This is your fault." Now your mind is filled with a mixture of confusion and hurt as you say, "What's my fault?" You're almost afraid of his answer. Slowly he turns to face you. Tears well up in your eyes no matter how hard you try to force them out. Black veins cover his body. His skin has been torn in many places and black liquid is slowly dripping from the corners of his mouth. HIs breaths are labored and his eyes are pitch black. Newt is a crank.