The Sun Hasn't Died Yet

After a moment of silence Thomas finally speaks, "Ok, I hear ya. But you should tell Y/n about this, she deserves to know." Newt shakes his head. "I can't, we have to be able to focus on the task at hand, her knowing won't help Minho." Thomas now shakes his own head, "It's your choice, but it will hurt her worse if she finds out the wrong way. Remember how you felt when she went through the same thing. How would you have felt if you hadn't known?" With that, Thomas stands up and walks back to the door, giving a knowing glance in the direction of you and your plant. At that moment, you decide to stand up and make yourself known. After a minute of staring at the walls of the city, Newt turns around to leave, and he sees you. He looks down at his hands, "How long have you been here?" He asks. "Same as Thomas. I followed him." "You heard all that?" "Yeah." Newt still won't look at you. You walk over to him and wrap your arms around him. You can feel him let out a breath as he relaxes into your embrace. No words are needed. He knows what you're thinking and now you know what he's thinking. A quote from somewhere in your locked up memories comes to your mind, 'How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.' The thought of having to say goodbye to Newt, forever, tears you apart and the tears that you had been holding back for so long come bursting to the surface. You cry in Newts arms, never wanting to let go of him for fear he might fade away. Although after a while, your stubborn resolve overpowers your sadness and the tears stop. You look at Newt with your red puffy eyes and see the sadness in his own. "We can still help you. I was in the same place as you not too long ago, we found a cure remember? Even if it was temporary, which, quite frankly, temporary is lasting a lot longer then we thought it would. But we can fix this ok?" Newt just nods. You turn and look at the sky saying, "You see that up there, Newt?" He looks confused, "The sun?" "Yes, the sun. The sun hasn't died yet. I'm not giving up on you and neither should you. I'll love you til the sun dies." You say with passion that fills you to your bones, a new confidence fills you up and you turn to look at Newt, who seems to have a faint glimmer of hope shining in his eyes. He looks at you. "Thank you." He says, barely a whisper before pulling you into a sweet kiss that fills your senses with fiery hope. You let the wonderfully familiar feeling of sparks course through you like a raging fire. The fire fueling your hope, you won't lose him, you can't.

 "Do you regret it? What you did to us?" Thomas's voice echoes throughout the empty hallway. The plan is in motion, it's taken a lot to get you and your friends this far. But now the real fight begins, and it starts with Thomas. The pain in his voice as he talks to Teresa tears at your heart, but nothing can describe how you feel when you see his face. He loves her, still after everything. He's so hurt and scared, he wants to be angry at her but he can't. All he can do is love her, and that is the most painful thing to watch. You listen for her reply, curious to see how much she cares, but also because how you proceed with the plan depends on her answer. When she responds, you can tell she's been imagining what to say if the opportunity were to arise. "Sometimes. But I did what I thought was right." She pauses, "I'd do it again." In that instance, your heart breaks and anger replaces the hope you had that she might feel sorry for what she did. Thomas nods, you can see the pain in his eyes as they go faintly glossy. "Good." He says, that's your cue. Both you and Gally move fast behind her, sliding a cloth bag over her head. You stoop down, grabbing her around the legs while Gally carries her by the top half of her body, keeping a firm hand over her mouth until all of you are safely inside the passageway to get back to base. Once inside the tunnel, you let Teresa down, guiding her steps, surprisingly she's being completely cooperative. The walk is in complete silence and you're left to your thoughts, with at the moment are hardly pleasant. Finally, You make it back and sit Teresa down in a chair, everyone else gathers in a horseshoe in front of her. Newt pulls off the bag. She takes a moment to adjust to the light, then shock covers her face, "Gally?" She asks astonished. Gally simply responds with, "This is how this is going to go. We're going to ask you a few questions and you're going to tell us what we need to know. Simple." He pulls a chair to sit directly in front of her, some sort of intimidation tactic. "First thing's first. Where's Minho?" Teresa looks to Thomas saying, "You guys don't seriously think that I..." Gally cuts her off, "Don't look at him, why are you looking at him? Look at me, he's not going to help you. Now we know you have Minho in there, but where?" Teresa looks down, defeated, "He's with the others, in holding. Sub-level 3" Your heart leaps, she's helping actually helping. You force your face to remain stern. Newt speaks up next to you, "How many others?" "Twenty Eight." A pang of sadness hits you. 28 kids, 29 with Minho, all going through the same torture. Anger starts to boil inside of you and you have the sudden urge to take it out on Teresa.