Psalm 18:4 Death

"Newt." Your voice comes out in a painful whisper. Newt speaks again, "This is your fault. You could've saved me. You were the answer." You shake your head, no it can't be, it just can't. "Newt no, I'm sorry. I don't know what I did. Please Newt, we have to find you some help." "Sorry? You're sorry?! You've killed me. I can see it in your eyes, there's no way to help me and you know it! Because of you, there's no cure!" His voice is cracked and painful as he raises it to a yell. He started taking crooked steps toward you, getting faster and closer with each step. The next thing you know, you're tackled to the ground, Newt on top of you, his hands around your throat. "You could have saved me!" He shouts spitting black liquid into your face. "Newt, please..." You manage to choke out. "I hate you! I always have!" Malice fills Newts voice with the words. You had been fighting against him, but this breaks you. You relax your arms, giving up. Newt takes the new opportunity and squeezes your neck harder. Almost immediately your vision starts going black, your lungs are burning, begging for air, but you don't care. You've given up hope. The last thing you see is Newt's deformed face, looking at you in pure hatred. Then you're gone. All around you is just blackness and the knowledge that Newt hates you. You try and tell yourself that he didn't mean it. But you can't. Even when his eyes are black you can still read them, he hates you. He killed you. Now you're left in blackness and sadness. You try to remember all the good things, but this place, wherever you are, only lets in the bad and the pain. You can't see your body, but you can feel it. All of the pain you've experienced ever since you came up in the maze comes rushing back, one at a time, every trip, every stubbed toe, every gash from grievers, very bullet, sunburn, chafing ankles, hit in the head, glass embedded in your skin. But the worst pain of them all is from Newt's words. "I hate you, I always have." Six words, six simple words, tear you apart from the inside out. You lose all hope, and lose yourself in the darkness. Almost. There is an itch in the back of your head, telling you to keep fighting, keep moving on. Your own words come back to you, "this isn't just about us anymore." Your promise to Minho comes back, "We'll come for you, we'll be there." You have to get out of this hell. You fight through the pain and the sadness, fight with the one thing that is stronger than both of them combined, love. You concentrate on Newt, his face, his smile his laugh. Then on your friends, Thomas Fry, Minho, Brenda, even Jorge. You begin to see a light piercing through the darkness. And soon the light is the only thing you can see.

*In WICKED'S headquarters*

The computers are going crazy, visible bolts of electricity are crawling along each surface of the computers. Teresa can see Minho through the glass, the same electricity crawling along his pale sagging skin. He's screaming like he's in pain, but from the eyes up it looks as if he's in complete peace. All of the workers in the computer room know they must shut down the experiment, but they don't know how. Time is running out. Teresa looks to the screens, that should show what Minho is seeing. They weren't working before, but what's the harm in checking again? Less than a second after she turns her head to look, the screen flicks on, and Minho stops screaming. The first thing she sees is Y/n. How is she there? She's talking to Minho, but the screen doesn't provide audio. She has the same electricity all over her. Something clicks in Teresa's mind. "They're connected" she says, barley audible. "What?" One of the technicians asks. "They're connected. Minho and Y/n. They had been struck by lightning at the same time. Our experiment uses electricity to stimulate his mind, but the electricity from the lighting connected their minds somehow. So our stimulation, stimulates both of their minds." The technician nods, pretending to understand what Teresa said. "We have to separate them, it could mess up the results, and cause all kinds of side effects," Teresa adds, not really talking to anyone in particular. Her fingers fly across the keyboard, all sorts of knowledge spilling out of her head, filtered through the fluid motions of her fingers. A new image appears on the screen, the image is spinning, as the simulation tries to rip them apart. Both Minho and Y/n look like they're in pain, trying desperately to hold on to the connection. Another idea flicks through Teresa's head. She presses a button, sending electricity through Minho's body. That's the final blow. Their minds split. Y/n cries out in pain as she disappears from the viewer of the screen. Little does Teresa know, that her rushed, poorly put together solution caused enough damage to kill Y/n. But that's not her concern, right now her concern is Minho, whose vitals are holding steady. Well as steady as they can be with testing as extreme as this. She's going to find a cure if it's the last thing she does. If Y/n could do it, why couldn't she?