Pt 29:

You want to feel happy, relieved, grateful. But all you feel is an embarrassment. You feel embarrassed for getting into the situation in the first place. With tired breaths, Newt sees where you had been cut and says, "(y/n), are you alright?" The concern in his voice was genuine, but you couldn't get over your embarrassment. "I'm fine." You snap back at him as you start making your way toward the door. "(y/n), you're bleeding." "I said I'm fine Newt." You snap once again as you reach the rest of the boys. Without a word the group walks up to a new building, you follow, holding your arm trying to stop the bleeding. The group enters the building and gets situated. Jorge ties Marcus to a chair while Minho and Aris lay Thomas down on a bed. You ask Teresa for a water bottle then walk off to find a private room. You pull your jacket off to reveal the gash in your arm. You wince as you pour some water over it to wash it off. Looking around, you find an old curtain and rip off a piece, tying it tightly around your arm. Next up is your neck. You find an old mirror and take a look, it's not bad at all, it just grazed you. You lift up the water bottle to clean it, then decide against it, you don't want to get blood on the only shirt you have. You take a look out the door, everyone seems decently busy. You try your best to close the sad remains of the door and pull your shirt off. You walk over to the back of the room to the mirror and pour the water over the cut. As you dab the cut gently with another piece of the curtain, you start to think about how you acted towards Newt. You feel bad that you were so rude, he had saved your life, and fought side by side with you. And he looked good doing it. You hadn't even asked if he was ok. You never thanked him, and thanking people was your thing. You grab your shirt and take one more look in the mirror. Newt is standing behind you, his face bright red. Your face quickly turns red, matching his as you shove the shirt back over your head. "I... I'm sorry. I should've knocked." Newt stutters, completely flustered. "It's ok, it was an accident." You respond, equally flustered. The two of you stand there in awkward silence for a moment, then in unison, you both blurt out, "I'm really sorry about earlier." Then you laugh. "Newt you have nothing to apologize for, I was rude, you saved my life and I couldn't be more grateful. I was just so embarrassed by everything that happened and.. Newt cuts you off by placing his lips firmly against yours. He kisses you sweetly and passionately, and all your troubles begin to melt away. Newt had caught you off guard, but you are glad he did. You break for breath and look into his sweet soft eyes. You know that you love this boy with your whole heart if anything were to happen to him... you don't want to think about it. You give him a soft smile. "Newt, I am so sorry. Thank you for saving me." Newt simply smiles then pulls you into a hug. "I'm sorry love. I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm sorry I wasn't there sooner. If I had another chance I would kill all those bloody shanks." You laugh. "Thanks, Newt." Jorge calls from outside the room, "Come on! We've got a location. It's time to go!" "Wow he really doesn't like to wait around does he?" You say as you lead the way out the door. "He's as eager as we are to reach the safe haven." Everyone starts filing out the door and you remember your jacket back in the room. "Wait for just one-second guys, I left something." They all stop walking and you can tell they're annoyed, but whatever. You find the room, then grab your jacket. But something else grabs your attention. There's a door in the back of the room, with blood slowly oozing out of it. Cautiously you grab your knife and inch closer to the door. "Hello? Is someone there?" Ugh, that was a stupid question, with that much blood, they're either dead or almost dead. Standing to the side of the door you slowly start to open it, ignoring every fiber in your body telling you not to. At first, nothing happens. You grab your flashlight and shine it in. That's when things go wrong. An ear pricing scream sounds. You are staring in the face of a crank. But it's not like any crank you've seen before. It doesn't even look human besides having two arms and two legs. You stand there, frozen in fear as the creature rips itself from a thick layer of the most rancid slimy goo on the wall. You finally pry yourself away from the horrid sight and start running. You can hear the creature running behind you. You look back. It's worse, it's so much worse. Now there are about ten cranks chasing you, and more are still spilling out of the other rooms. They had been summoned but the first's call. Your heart rate has risen, giving you the strength to run faster than you ever have before. You see the doorway and shut for your friends to start running. You're gonna make it. Hope starts coursing through your veins adding to your strength. Then the all too familiar feeling of your heart skipping a beat shoots through you as something grabs your ankle, sending you crashing to the floor.