Over my dead body

(A/N); Guess whose bday it is today. Yup, mine, so if I don't update later on in the day, it's because im busy crying at how alone I am ;A;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'F-for crying out loud... why did it have to be Akainu out of all the admirals?!' I thought as I went to kick the wall in frustration, before quickly going to hold my foot in pain right afterwards. 'Fuuuccckkk me! I can't just stand around while Drake handles that mad man by himself! I-I got to do something! I won't be able to forgive myself if something were to happen to anyone because I was too weak to do anything about it!' I bit my lip, as I then recalled what Drake told me to do right before he left. 'B-but he told me to stay here no matter what... b-but what if he dies trying to get us away from that maniac? I-I won't ever forgive myself!' I gritted my teeth, as I went to slam the wall with my hands next, now the frustration being so strong, that I hardly took notice to the pain of doing such a thing. 'B-but what could I do?... I just started training, so if I did ignore his order and go out there like an idiot, then I might just be dead weight and do more harm than good! Ack, I can't stand this!!' I growled, as I went to grip onto my (h/t) hair tightly in utter grief. What could I do?... I couldn't possibly just stand here without knowing what was going on, the unknown would just make me lose my mind! "Illustrate; fly on the wall!" I said, as I went to bring upon a fly that was situated outside, where all the action was taking place, so I could observe what exactly was going on.

Fly's POV

Drake went to shake his head at that other tidbit of news, before he went to look back to his crewmate. "Don't mind them for now! What takes the upmost priority now is getting to safety!" He barked, as the crew member nodded, before they all tried to stir the ship around, and away from Akainu's path. However, the winds were definitely not in their favor, as they were practically like sitting ducks waiting to get hit. "Shit!" Drake cursed, as his eyes went to widen in fear at coming into direct eye contact with a certain individual.

"Well, look who it is... if it isn't the disgraced rear admiral Drake... how unpleasant it is to see you here..." The admiral growled, as Drake went to simply stare back at him with equal hate, his eyes in a blazing rage. "Im the disgraced one? For seeking true justice?!" He hissed out, as Akainu went to meet his fiery gaze with one of his own. "What you seek is lies! You're young and naive, what the hell do you know about true justice?!" "I know that true justice doesn't lie in being the lapdogs to those monsters!" "SILENCE!" Akainu bellowed, as Drake continued to seethe at him.

"You have committed one of the worst atrocities a marine officer could ever commit... You betrayed your fellow brothers in arms, and became the very thing they vowed with their lives to fight against... a pirate..." He hissed lowly, as Drake went to clench his fist tightly. "I won't live a lie! No matter what, I will pursue the truth!" He proclaimed aloud, as Akainu's cigar was on the verge of decimating to a crisp. "Fine... go ahead and pursue your so-called truth..." He spat, before going to raise his fist. "IN HELL!"

"OVER MY DEAD BODY!"

Before Akainu could even make a move to attack, he felt himself paralyzed in place, which caused him to struggle against the invisible confines. "W-what the hell?!" He clenched his teeth, as Drake went to look in surprise at seeing him unable to move.

However, that wasn't the most surprising thing he had yet to see, as he turned his head to the source of that voice that had just yelped.

"I-it can't be!... T-this is impossible!..." He muttered, as he felt his knees buckle, before weakly falling to the floor, his blue eyes now as wide as the sea, as they went to look back at a familiar set of green.

"M-maree, is that really you?!"

"Drake!" The blonde went to grin happily, as she then went to wince a bit at feeling Akainu trying to break away from her hold. "H-he is much stronger than I thought!.." She gritted her teeth, as she then went to close her eyes in concentration. "I-I am not as strong as Mary!.. B-but, I think I can find a way to teach this scoundrel a lesson!" She huffed out, sweat beading down her forehead, as she then went to clasp her hands together, going to make a squeezing motion with them, as if she was squeezing some item in her hands.

"Heart attack!"

At her uttering those words, the admiral went to let out an ear-piercing scream of agony, as he went to clench tightly to his chest, before he went to fall to the floor, clearly in deep pain. Maree went to also collapse to the floor, looking worn out from even doing such a move, as she went to take in deep breaths. "Strawhat... get us... out of here..." She coughed out, as Luffy went to nod at that, before turning to his crew. "Everyone, connect that man's ship to ours, and let's get out of here!" He ordered, as everyone went to obey, before rushing to do said task, as Law went to hop into the fray. "I guess this is where we part, strawhat." He told him, as Luffy went to simply give him a big smile. "Nah, you're coming with us, too!" He told him, as Law sweated nervously at that. "How? I have a submarine...." "Everyone, also connect Tra-guy's ship to ours! The three of us are going fly fishing, shishishi." He chuckled, as Law went to simply hang his head. When it concerned this buffoon, it was better to just accept it and go with it, than to object.

When Akainu finally came to, he realized that the two ships in question were now gone, which caused him to curse like a sailor.

"Hmmm... why do I feel like a certain someone is particularly fired up today?... Hmmm, probably just my imagination..." Kizaru murmured to himself, as he went to continue peacefully clipping his nails.

When the three ships had finally landed, Maree, now back to full stamina, went to make a mad dash to Drake's ship, before going to hug the ginger tightly, who looked baffled to have experienced such a terrifying experience. "Drake, you're ok! Im so glad you're ok!" She chirped to him, as he then went to take a good look at her, still in disbelief at what he was seeing. "How is this possible?... I-I thought you-" "Mary helped me escape Mariejois by doing a merger! It's a nice place and all, don't get me wrong, but I wanted to see more of your world!" She grinned brightly, as he then got back to his feet, before going to give her a confused look. "A merger? But she-" "Anyways, how have you been? You changed a lot from the last time I had saw you! You gotten shorter; is your legs doing alright?" She asked with a frown, as he went to hold his head. "Or, you have gotten taller." He proposed, as she thunked her own hand. "Oooohh... right!" She giggled, before Luffy went to also jump aboard his ship.

"Hey, where is (y/n)?" He questioned, going to look around, as Drake blinked at that, before frowning, as he folded his arms. "She's safe in the training hall... you needn't worry about her... now, I would mind my own business if I were you; you're not welcome here." He told him, as Maree went to pout at him. "Hey, strawhat is a friend of mine, too, so you two are just going to have to get along!" She huffed stubbornly, as the ginger looked back at her in disbelief. "What? How did you- You know what, never mind.." He sighed, giving up on this insane situation, as Luffy went to call out to (y/n) again. "(y/n), come out here!"

(Your POV)

At hearing and seeing Luffy calling for me, I thought to step out of the training hall door way to meet him, but for some odd reason, the doorway went to turn green.

'I... don't think this is normal...' I noted, before finding myself suddenly pushed along by some big, burly man, as I then found myself in a different area entirely, that was totally not Drake's ship.

"I figured that hot-headed moron wasn't going to do the job right... then again, this wasn't his initial assignment to begin with..." I heard a familiar voice speak out, as shivers went to instantly go down my spine. 'O-oh shit, please let it not be him, please let it NOT be him!-' I prayed internally, as my eyes unfortunately didn't bless my wish.

"Nice to see you again, (y/n). Shall we pick up where we last left off?"