The Troublesome Emperor

(Kiaria's POV):

It has been a couple of days since I last saw the princess.

I was truly worried about how her encounter with that blood witch would go, but thankfully, she was safe now with that evil heathen gone. With the company she has around, it would make sense that she would be safe.

The one thing that did not make sense was her choice to babysit two grown children. Wouldn't such a task be detrimental to her mission?

"You still will not let that go," I heard the vampire speak up, as I turned to look at him with a pout.

"How could I? She has two sitting ducks hanging around the most wanted group in the world right now! I of course would never go against her decisions, but I can't help but wonder why she made such a decision..." I groaned, twirling my hat, as the vampire took a sip of "wine-that-isn't-blood" while reading a newspaper.

"Why don't you ask her?" He suggested, as I gawked at him. "Me, a lowly mystic, ask the princess such a thing?! Don't be ridiculous!" I shook my head. That would be a bad omen!

"I think you being out of work is starting to affect you, Kiaria. Why don't you go join your princess if you're that worried?" He turned to me with that ever emotionless face of his, as I waved my hands profusely.

"Because I would just be more dead weight to her! Now that I can no longer be an informant, the best thing I can do for her is just stay put with you!" I told him matter-of-factly, as he took another delicate sip from his "wine" glass.

"Well, you're not going to stay put much longer. I am going to join your princess' campaign," He announced nonchalantly, as I took a double-take.

"YOU'RE GONNA WHAT?!"

"With the road ahead, she is going to need every person she can get on her side, including you," He continued, completely ignoring me, as I felt my heart sink to the floor.

S-Sure, it was nice that he was going to help the princess...

B-But what w-would become of ME?!

Everyone in the underworld would want my head on a well-sharpened stake, especially that creepy flamingo guy!

A-And don't get me started with that hot-headed admiral! He for sure would kill me without hesitation if he found me again!

"Perhaps you should take a page out of your princess' notes and pick up training. That is if you don't want to be killed," He told me, as I glared at him.

"How can you say such a thing so coldly?!" I barked, as he rose a brow at me. "All I am merely telling you to do is to take up training so you could defend yourself," He blinked, as I shook my head, turning away from his stupid face.

"Y-Yes... because a little bit of training is totally going to defend me against fighters who trained their whole lives..." I grumbled, "...When all I have is a mere hat-hat fruit to assist me... in a sea of monsters... how you do not see how much of a liability I can be is astonishing..."

"(Y/n) recently started to train, and look at the progress she has made thus far," He pointed out, as I shook my head. "But I am not the princess! I am me, and with the role I have to assist the princess, I can not risk getting killed!" I yelled at him, as he looked a bit taken aback by my response.

"I-I don't think you understand truly why I am so afraid all the time... even if I have the ability to see into the future, it is not something that is to be done willy-nilly. There are grave consequences and a curse we mystics must be mindful of if we dare try to twist fate's design..." I began, as I could feel his golden eyes pinned on my back.