The land of dreams

(Akainu's POV)

"Your 'absolute justice'.... is BULLSHIT!!" 

No matter what I tried to do to dissolve the thought, that little sentence continued to be ingrained in my mind, and plague my thoughts. I didn't even care much for what that other worm did when that foolhardy woman said such a thing. 

Just... how can somebody be so naive? Then again, you are the company that you keep. If I were to surround myself with morally depraved pirates, I wouldn't know true justice, either, especially with that disgraced ex rear admiral Drake being apart of their little coalition. 

But that sentence of her's was not the only thing that was deeply troubling me... 

How in the hell did she know about what I did in O'hara?

Only a select few could have known about my actions on that day, and that young lady (y/n) shouldn't be among them. On top of that, with a nickname like the pixie, a lot more questions are naturally brought to the table.

Something just wasn't adding up... when the pixie first came into known existence, she was supposed to be somebody of great importance to the Crimson family. However, she has recently aligned herself with filthy pirates, which would seem like a very major conflict of interest... yet she still has the nerve to criticize MY absolute justice.... then again, she is a young one that has been swept up with the false luxurious lifestyle of pirates, so it could be that... but what exactly was her ACTUAL relation to the Crimson family? Apparently, she was supposed to be the runaway daughter of the family, which just finally got confirmed, but I've seen her personally, and she looks nothing like them. It is most likely just another cover-up story just to save face. 

'The questions still persist... what is her actual relation to that family, and how did she know of my actions in O'hara?' I deeply questioned myself, going to puff out a ring of smoke from my cigar in utter frustration. What is wrong with the youth of today?! 

"I-I don't mean to disturb you, sir, but now that the pixie is detained, I was sent to inform you that your original task is now your number 1 priority again." A fellow officer told me, as I went to fold my arms. "I figured as much, but something isn't right about that girl... I don't believe for a minute that this case is settled yet, so I am going to dig through some records here, before shipping out." I noted to myself rather than the officer, who politely saluted, before heading out. 

(???'s POV) 

I knew it. I knew that I wasn't seeing things. I knew that there was a connection, a correlation, as soon as I saw her face! She looks just like her, there could possibly be no other logical explanation! And based on the data I managed to gather from her ventures thus far, it all checks out, just like I hypothesized! There could only be one woman in the world that could be that charismatic without even trying, to be that clever and intelligent, to be whimsical yet steadfast at the same time... yes, I have found her yet again! But, how would I be able to communicate with her?... 

(Your POV)

Despite my hands being bound, I was actually having quite a good time with these three goofs. Halfway, Coby even offered to serve us all some tea, which I was a bit wary about since we had a man that didn't know how to drink tea worth a damn.

"I told you not to serve this dork any. Look, now the table is stained!" I pointed out to Coby, who went to nervously chuckle, before wiping down the table, while Rosinante was busy recollecting himself. "How do you not know how to do something as simple as drink tea?! I can't believe that the good doc as a CHILD had more adult attributes than you!" I said exasperatedly to the blond, who went to give me a weak smile, while Garp simply laughed. "You know, (y/n), you remind me of this girl from a story I heard quite some years ago!" He chuckled, as I quirked a brow. "Oh, really? I'm intrigued." I smiled, curious about this story, as he took a sip of his drink. 

"In this story, there was a mystical island that was created by what dreams were made of, supposedly. It would be best described as the land dancing between the realms of reality and spirituality. Apparently, the one that rules the land is the one who is most in touch between these two realms." He told me, as I felt myself get a very weird sense of deja vu, like I heard this kind of thing before somewhere. Maybe from a video game, or some show... 

"The latest leader of the island was a girl that was around your age, and her sense of both the realms were so immense, that she had gotten the idea of actually hopping between the two realms!" He then chuckled a bit. "Sounds crazy, I know, but nothing is stranger than reality!" He chortled, as I continued to feel this... awfully painful sense of deja vu. 'Where had I heard this storyline from?...' I tried thinking, but my mind was coming up quite empty. Of course. 

"I heard that the princess was also a psychic!" Coby chimed in, while Rosinante was just shaking his head. "What a bizarre story! There is no way that somebody with those abilities exists, especially not right now! If they did, we'd have the answers to all of life's biggest problems!" He pointed out, as Garp then went to hum out. "Actually, apparently after performing a ritual, the poor girl, along with everybody else that was on the island, disappeared. It is said that they all vanished into the next realm, never to be seen or heard of again..." He ominously told us, as I felt an even deeper pang in my chest, as well as some arctic chills running down my spine. J-just the way he said such a thing... it was unnerving. 

"But, good thing it's just some story! However, you do remind me a lot of the girl, since she was very charming, as well as strong and clever. That kick of yours earlier proved your strength in my eyes!" He laughed. "You struck the poor boy here with the fury of a dragon!" He continued to laugh, while Coby's cheeks burned a bright red. "I-I wasn't expecting it..." He murmured, as I went to bit my lip at recalling the incident. How many times can a person apologize to somebody?! 

"You should have felt the hug that she gave me! Though I was taken aback at the time... I have to admit, now looking back at it... that you were being so adorable!~ You also called me Rosi!~" The blond chirped like the tall dork that he was, as the other two went to simply pay no heed to his words. If the coalition were here, a fight would already be brewing because of his words. It would be crazy, mildly amusing, and disconcerting all at the same time. Again, that's what you get when you lump all these different personalities in one big ol' ship. 

'Speaking of them... they'd probably figure out that I am no longer in my cabana, one way or the other... if I can just try and get these cuffs off of me, as well as get a sheet of paper, then I'd be home free!' I grinned at that thought, before going to mentally kick and scold myself to not jinx this at all. 

A-afterall, I really do not need any bad energy targeted at me, right now. I already have enough drama on my plate as it is. It seems as soon as I showed up in this world, my life has just become simply one big dramafest after another. Then again, I have Mary to thank for that, as well as- 

....

A-as well as what, me?! 

Apparently, my brain was onto something, but for some stupid reason, just midway during my thinking, it completely just froze up on me, like a very old crappy computer, with 50's internet; it's supposed to not make any sense.

But, if it was important enough, it'd come back to me in due time. 

Speaking of which... I wonder how my fellow coalition members were doing...