All around me

(A/N); Sorry for the long wait, guys! Been busy with lots of things!
---------------------------------------------------------

When I awoke, I was greeted by an interesting sight.

All around me were my friends, bandaged like mummies, and asleep.

"You were knocked out for quite some time," I heard a voice speak up, as I turned towards the redhead.

"What about everybody else?" I asked him, as he gave me a smile.

"They're just asleep for the night. Our run in was very tough on us." He pointed out, as I went to carefully sit myself up. My body felt very stiff, like I was asleep for weeks!

It isn't my first time feeling this kind of sensation, so I am pretty certain that I was asleep for that long.

Three admirals... in one setting... I am surprised none of us died in that horrible 'meet-up!'

"...Why aren't you sleeping, Shanks?..." I questioned, as he went to casually shrug at me.

"I have personally assigned myself as the watchman." He explained, as I went to yawn, and stretch my arms.

"Do you want me to get you something to eat and drink?" He asked me, as I nodded softly.

"I-if it's not much trouble for you..." I murmured, before hugging my figure.

...as much as I hate to admit it...

...Maybe we aren't equipped to fight Mary... just look at how we all turned out trying to go against three admirals at the same time!

"...(Y/n), I know you're feeling some type of way about our run in with those guys. However, you can't let that incident deter you from doing what you have to do." He informed me, as I sighed. "I know, but there's still so much training I need to do to even catch up with you all! I don't even have any haki to compete with the others!" I gritted my teeth in frustration, as Shanks rose a brow at me, before giving me a coy smile.

"...Or do you?..."

I perked up at that.

"I mean, aren't you the princess of Rhine? I've known fellas who have haki for far less!"

I shook my head. "...Yes, that may be true, but how do I even go about activating such a thing? There's many forms of it as well!" I questioned him, holding myself even tighter. I-I just was so uncertain, and afraid.

I-I didn't want anybody to die because I couldn't hold my own in a fight! Hell, a bullet was enough to completely immobilize me! If I was that easy to take down, then how in the hell was I going to go head-to-toe with some of the bigger names in the game?

"Well, I am glad we are back in your homeland, then." He grinned, as I blinked curiously at him.

"I am certain you'll find all the answers to your questions here." He smirked encouragingly, as I tried to take this all in.

"...Right." I smiled weakly, my body still feeling quite stiff, as he went to walk towards the doorway.

"I'll be right back." He informed me, before leaving. That man is an enigma...

And so is this island...

"(Y/n), are you alright?..." I heard a sleepy voice ask, as I grinned.

"Yes, I'm alright. We'll talk in the morning, Luffy; you need to sleep now." I informed the strawhatted male, who grinned brightly.

"(Y/n) is alright!..." He said, before falling asleep.

--

------