Nothing more than a dream

(A/N); totally wasn't inspired by that awesome song, shhh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does everything just seem to go so downhill, as of late?...

"Young m-master, I do not mean to disturb you at such a crucial time, but we need you down at the square real quick! There's a riot happening! Apparently the rumors of a coalition forming was true!" Baby 5 told him in a panic, as he went to sigh at that, while I just held my journal more closer to my body. 

A coalition, huh?... 

C-could it be the peace coalition? ...

I shook my head. 

'Don't be so stupid, (y/n)! How could they even know that you are in Dressrosa? You never told them about your plans, or even about that damn letter!' My brain tried to rationalize, while my heart continued to foolishly cling to the hope that in some magical way, they would just show up, and make all this nonsense with the Blackbeard pirates, with Mary, with the world government, go away.  

"Is that so?" Doflamingo hummed, before he turned to me. "My apologies, (y/n), but I have some business to take care of first before we head off. I promise not to be gone long." He informed me, before going to follow Baby 5 to wherever this riot was happening. 

Now being alone, I decided to look at my phone, going to gaze fondly at my lockscreen background. Even the most serious among us, like Zoro, Drake, and Hawkins, were having award winning smiles. In fact, if you were to show some stranger the photo, you'd think that we were all just a bunch of good friends. I'd like to think that we all were, at least, despite a bit of the animosity that was going on between coalition members. 

"I am going to miss you guys a whole lot..." I whispered, before a few rogue tears left my eyes, going to puddle up on my screen, which caused me to wipe it off with my shirt. 

I went to then look at the journal in my hands, before going to open it, and reread a few of the entries I wrote in there. I then went to reminiscence on all the times I spent with those goofy dorks. 

It was all that I could really do at this point, anyways. I was leaving them so that they could be safe from Mary and the Blackbeard pirates. Even if I didn't want to leave, I had to, for their own good. 

I then proceeded to look at the strange gem that stood upon me, it's sheen completely mystifying. Apparently, this was going to be the gem that would take me back home. 

I wasn't quite sure how it works. It looked like quite the strange thing. 'How does it even function?' I thought, before curiosity got the best of me, as I went to touch it. 

Of course, in hindsight, this might of not been a good idea at all, since it started glowing, going to light up in a familiar way... 

A familiar rainbow mist then went to surround me, before I yelped in surprise as I felt myself completely fade away. 

...........................

........

...

I woke up to quite the miffed professor, which made me practically shrink back in my seat. "It is almost like you are asking to fail this course." That familiar devil of a professor told me, as I was too troubled to even address his stupid words.