Better days

"You really love to just pop in whenever you feel like it, don't you?"

Ugghh, I don't know who I hate more to serve; this clown or Akainu...

"Yeah, you know I am a magician full time, right? I stop by whenever I have the chance to!" I smiled, though I wanted more than anything to just leave right now. I rather deal with Mr.Vampire than deal with Mr.Gangster. However, 'tis the life of a spy... no matter how much I wanted to just go back to the damn castle, I couldn't when there is more info to collect for her benevolence!

"Yes, I am well aware, but I would like at least a heads up beforehand. You're not exactly... grown up yet, fufufu~" He snickered, as I held back the urge to punch him for that remark. I was actually older than him, technically, but that fact was none of his damn business! Ugghhh, I can't STAND THIS GUY!

'Remember, Kiaria; for the princess you'll endure this nonsense!' I reminded myself, as I continued to be all smiles. "Right... though you do know that just because I am short, that it doesn't mean automatically that I am a child?" I tilted my head a bit, as he continued to snicker. "Yes, I am well aware. I am just teasing you, Callie, so don't take it so personally!" He smirked, going to pet my head, before going to reach for a file that was sitting on his lap.

"On a serious note... this file you had brought to me last time has piqued my interest. Pray tell, how did you manage to get such sensitive information?" He questioned me, as I simply smirked in response. "By spying; how else?" I shrugged as casually as I could muster, as he clicked his tongue at my response. When it came to him and Akainu, I really couldn't rest easy with them; they always gave me goosebumps. I am naturally a very antsy person, and those two are scarier than scary! H-honestly, I would love more than anything to just leave and do something else!

"I see... why do you look so uptight today, Callie? This is not like you!" He questioned me, which internally made me panic. However, for (y/n)'s sake, I had to keep up the act!

"J-just... I am worried about you, young master! You are trying to pursue a woman who practically has an army by her side! I swear, it gets bigger by the day! Have you seen their new bounties yet?" I made up on the spot. I really couldn't care less about this jerk, especially after he blackmailed the princess, but what was I suppose to do? Spit in his face and tell him to kick rocks, after all that I had to do to join his family? I don't think so!

"Ooohh, little Callie, you worry too much! That's my problem to handle, okay? You just keep doing what I assign you to do, and that's that!" He patted my head again, before going to grab my face, but not in a painful way. Ugh, here it comes...

"Now give me a smooch, little baby." He snickered, as I glared at him. "I told you already; I am not a little girl!" I growled, as he chuckled some more. "Is that anyway to talk to me, Callie? Fu fu fu~" He laughed, as I turned my head away from him.  "But I do not like your games! They're condescending!" I huffed, as he pouted a bit for a second, before being all smiles once again. "Fine, alright, I will stop!" He chortled lightly, before releasing my face.

"Yes, I have seen the new bounties, but those are useless to me. What's useful to me, however, is your information. You always know just what to bring me in your report, Callie, and I can't be more pleased with your work. For the rest of the day, you're dismissed. If I need you for anything, I'll call your transponder snail; are we clear?" He asked, as I nodded. "Of course, young master!" I bowed a bit, before leaving his room. As soon as I left, some broads went to go right in. Yuck...

Now, I had to head right back to serving the other pinhead. He was very strict and demanded top respect, which were the reasons why he was annoying to work with. He was also on edge as of late, due to her highness who gave him a smack of truth, that made him have a mid life crisis. Guess who now has to deal with that? Me!