Only time will tell

"I'm getting very tired of your lack of results, lass."

'And I am tired of you in general, disgusting peasant!' I hissed internally, as I tried to keep myself composed to the best of my ability. It wasn't my fault that worm knew how to disappear on me!

How can I find something I can't hear?!

B-but more concerning enough; WHY couldn't I hear her or any of her friends?!

If I can't hear them at all, that could only mean two things...

Either they are all dead, which I don't believe, or they are so far away from me, that I can't make them out anymore!

'I'm glad you can't make them out.' Maree suddenly spoke, as I willed her to be quiet. She has been more annoying than usual, and I blame those fools for making her this way!

'Just for continuing to piss me off, I will get rid of Drake first.' I growled to her, as she chuckled.

'Yeah, good luck with that! You can't even sense them, and I think I know why! (Y/n) was right; you are absolutely pathetic without using mine and Marie's power!'

"SHUT UP!" I yelped, going to accidentally slap myself in my fit of anger, which just made the runt crack up.

'Why are you hitting yourself, Mary?~' She mocked, as I heard another laugh.

"You have completely lost your damn mind! If you didn't slap yourself, I would have done it! Now, I will not ask you again, Mary; where are they?" The bastard questioned me, as I glared at him.

"When they get back to sea, I will let you know..."

"That's what you've been saying for a couple of weeks now! I think you're trying to pull the wool over my eyes!" He frowned, as I shook my head. "Now why in the hell would I do that? We have the same goals!" I barked, as he went to laugh again, going to show off his disgusting teeth.

"...So, I take it that you're finally joining my crew?" He tilted his head, as I started to sweat. T-this was not the kind of conversation that I wanted to have right now!

"I am heavily considering it..." I decided on, since it is way better than flat out telling him no; this man was dangerous!

I could hear that he was currently thinking a great many things, those great many things not being good for me... at all. I really did not want to risk angering this pirate, since it would be a huge pain to deal with, especially given my current predicament as of now... b-but I swear, I will fix it! I won't let these two pests get in the way of my goal!

"I better hear a yes from you soon, lass, because I am also growing tired with your uncertain answers..." He warned me, as I sweated more.

Of course, I would never say yes to joining this clown. I am the crimson queen, and the only one I want to be with is-

"W-what the hell?!" I hissed, as I realized that there was now a rolled-up newspaper on top of my head. This of course earned some laughter from the ball of lard standing right next to me.

"What does that newspaper on your head say, Mary? Does it have any news on that damn coalition?" He questioned me with a smirk, as I went to quickly reach for the newspaper, going to unfold it so I could see its contents more clearly.

Right on the front cover... was quite a stunner.

He had beautiful, rich red hair... he looked absolutely beautiful...