4.

For two hours, Harry and Mia had been going over their preparations for the meeting. It was for all department hearts to essentially provide their feedback on how things were going at the company.

Despite being a senior member of the board and an executive, Harry was also the head of accounting, which mean he would too have to present.

Mia was nervous if they's managed to get everything completed. She was new to this, and Malerie hadn't exactly left her any notes to work with. Nonetheless, Mia tried to cram as much information as she could in her head, to support Harry.

The two of them took the lift up to the 17th floor, stepping into lobby, whilst Mia kept thinking that with each step the ground would swallow her up. It wasn't so much the meeting that was bothering her, as much who she knew had an office on this floor.

Harry led the way to the meeting room that they would usually hold the presentations and Mia followed him, not really knowing where she was going having never been on this floor before - not that she had much of a need to or wanted to.

As they approached the glass doors of the meeting room, Mia spotted a familiar face.

Stood just a few steps away from her was Richard Carter, and Mia was left wide-eyed.

She'd only ever seen him online or in magazines, never having the opportunity to meet the man in person. He looked a lot taller in real-life. His hair was still dark and full, it didn't really seem like he was a lot older, but with his peppered beard and wrinkles by his eyes, you could see the slight ageing.

Mia began to feel a lot more nervous, and gripped the laptop in her arms a lot more tighter in response.

When Richard turned, a wide smile came over his face, one that left Mia confused.

"Harry, you old dog. Still alive I see," Richard greeted his old friend, as soon as he spotted him.

Harry Nelson and Richard Carter went back a long way, being friends since high school. They grew out of touch, when the both went to different colleges, but after Richard started the company, Harry came to Richard for a job interview, and he was more than happy to help out his old friend.

Richard always knew that Harry had a knack for numbers and so offered him a role in accounting. After sometime, Harry became the Head of the Accounting Department and helped expand it, becoming responsible for employing all the personal in the accounting team.

"Better than you, you got one foot in a grave already," Harry joked back, and Mia was left wide-eyed at the response, unknown to the close relationship between the two.

"Bastard," Richard said with a smirk.

His gazed then fell onto Mia, who was standing next to Harry with a wide-eyed expression on her face, not unlike the 'deer caught in headlights' look. The glasses she had on, made her eyes look bigger and the expression all the more comical.

Harry then noticed Richard's line of sight, and turned towards Mia, also seeing the surprised look on her face. HE then realised their interaction must've been completely odd to Mia, and she'd never been introduced to her.

"Oh sorry, Mia," he spoke, and she turned to look at him. "This is Richard Carter, CEO and my good old friend."

Mia smiled and nodded politely.

"Richard, this is Mia Sareen. One of mine," Harry said proudly.

"Pleasure to meet you, Sir," Mia said, putting her hand forward.

Richard smiled at the girl's polite greeting and her gesture, and took her hand in his.

"Likewise," he said, shaking her hand.