11.

After their meeting had ended, Mia had left Sebastian's office and in the process, she had left everyone stunned.

No one, not even Sebastian, was expecting her to have changed so dramatically. The Mia that they had met in high-school was so dorky and quiet, she couldn't hold eye contact with anyone, much less utter a word in their presence.

Now here she was, a whole new Mia, surprising them all.

Blake was the first to break the silence in the room and all that he could say was, "Whoa."

"That was Mia?" Roman asked both Sebastian and Blake, who were visibly stunned.

Through what Sebastian and Blake had told him about Mia, Roman had heard words like 'nerd, dorky, quiet and shy' to describe her. However, none of them would seem applicable now.

"Yes," Sebastian replied to his question.

He was still standing at his desk from where he had shaken hands with Mia and his eyes were trained on his office door which she had just walked out from.

"The same little nerdy Mia?" Roman asked once more, as if confirming this wasn't some other girl.

"Yes," Sebastian said once again.

However, he himself was internally asking the same question. 'Was this really the same Mia?'.

In his mind, he had a view on how this interaction would go, but he didn't think he'd be challenged by her.

He'd be lying if he said he wasn't impressed. He was, just a little. He had to admire her fighting spirit, whether she was faking it or not. However, at the end of it all, he wasn't going to let someone with a questionable character work for him.

"She's cute," Diana then spoke up as all the guys looked at her. "Still a little nerdy, but cute."

Of the four, Diana was the only one not to hold any kind of judgement against Mia, despite what she heard from Blake and Sebastian. Yes, what she heard didn't exactly make her a fan of Mia, but she hadn't been there at the time.

In a story like that, there were always multiple sides. Everyone had a view on it, yet, from what she was told Mia had never given her account of the event.

"She's a pain in the arse, is what she is," Sebastian muttered, sitting back down into his seat.

He was beginning to realise that he wouldn't be able to get Mia out of his life that easily, something he had not expected.

"I like her," Diana smiled.

All three boys turned to her in shock, as if she had just grown two heads.

"Are you serious?" Blake asked

Diana just shrugged lazily. "She's got spunk."

If Mia was how everyone said she was, then Diana assumed she would have come into the office, in tight clothing, caked-on makeup and flirtatious behaviour. She would've have been all over Sebastian and even Blake and Roman, if she was so desperate.

However, Mia came in, dressed appropriately and clearly just came into the office with the intention to just have her meeting. She seemed less thrilled to be in Sebastian presence, than he was to be in hers.

To Diana, this can't have been the kind of desperate girl they had described in high school.

"Di, she's not real. It's all an act," Blake said.