18.

On an unexpected day of beautiful sunshine, Sebastian and Mia were sat at a fancy restaurant during lunch.

Mia was incredibly confused on why Sebastian had brought her here of all places, especially when he told her that he was bringing her to a meeting, which she assumed to be in another office building.

"Why are we here?" Mia asked impatiently for the fourth time, looking at her surroundings.

This upscale restaurant looked like the kind of place where the words 'fine dining' probably came from. Crystal chandeliers hung from the ceiling, providing warm lighting and gentle and relaxed ambience. The wood-laden walls of the restaurant gave a rustic-feel to the place, intricate carvings at the top.

It was clear to Mia, that this was not the kind of place she would ever eat at, unless probably celebrating a birthday, if that.

Sebastian didn't bother looking away from his menu.

"Why else? To meet a client," he said in a bored tone and then just to annoy Mia he added, "This isn't a date."

"Like I'd go on one with you," Mia scoffed.

"Like I'd even ask," he replied, fuelling the fire further.

Mia clutched the fork on the table in anger, trying to tell herself that it wasn't the wisest ideas to stab you boss with cutlery, especially if you wanted to be paid at the end of the month.

After a few minutes, Mia then noticed that a sweet elderly lady was walking in the direction of their table, flashing a big smile in Sebastian's direction.

When he looked up and noticed her walking towards them, Sebastian got up from his seat and moved towards her.

"Sebastian, my dear. How are you?" She greeted him and then proceeded to pull him down to her smaller height, for a hug.

"I'm doing good, Margaret. How are you?" Sebastian responded hugging her back.

"Evergreen, love. Evergreen," Margaret laughed, as Sebastian pulled out a chair for her, opposite to Mia.

"Good to hear," he said.

Mia smiled as she watched the interaction between the two of them. It was odd for her, to not see Sebastian act like the cold-hearted brute he was. Apparently he could be nice, just not with her. 'This must be the most his face muscles were being used,' she thought, seeing the smile on his face, compared to the usual hardened expression.

"And who is this lovely lady?" Margaret asked, looking at  Mia.

"This is, Mia," Sebastian introduced her, as he sat down himself.

"Hello. It's nice to meet you," Mia awkwardly waved.

"Oh, she's a doll," Margaret said delightfully.  "You two make a wonderful couple," she observed.

Mia nearly choked on air, her eyes widening to an almost comical size.

"Couple?" She repeated, letting out an amused breath.

Just as Mia was about correct her, Sebastian, who was seated next to her, then unexpectedly put an arm around her shoulder.

She turned to looked at him, as if he had truly lost him mind. He must have, if he was acting like this.