32.

After she had visited Sebastian and Blake at the office, Mia  felt nervous. She had no clue how this meeting between her brother and his friends would go, and she could only hope that it didn't go up in flames.

To take her mind off of it, Mia spent the afternoon with Melissa, taking her out to lunch and shopping, and buying some baby things, even if it was really early. The way Mia saw it, it's never too early to be spoilt.

A couple of hours later and Mia was heading back the hotel with Melissa, when she felt her phone buzz with a notification.

When she looked at it, a small smile graced her lips when she read the text.

'Thank you.'

She knew that he wasn't one to send a whole paragraph as a text and clearly thought that just the two words would be enough.

And for Mia, they were.

The simple text was enough to make her smile and she appreciated it.

Not long after Mia and Melissa got back her hotel room, Aaron was also back from the lunch.

Mia didn't really have to bombard him with questions to find out how it went, as Aaron told her all about it and even mentioned the slip up, where he spoke about the prom incident slightly.

It caused her to stiffen, but Aaron quickly explained that he put an end to that conversation straight away, something that she appreciated.

The next couple of days, Mia tried to make the most of Aaron and Melissa's visit, practically spending all hours with them. They had dinner at her place once, with Nicole and Chloe joining them.

On Sunday evening, the couple had to leave to go back to France. It saddened Mia when they had to leave, however Aaron and Melissa promised to return soon enough, which was enough to make her happy.

The next day, Mia was back in the office and returned to her usual duties.

It was a bit weird, as time flew by, she found that she had become so used to being Sebastian's assistant now. It was strange to even remember working as an accountant. She was so used to the routine of things now, carrying out a role she initially resented.

Something else that Mia found about herself, something that scared her, was that she was beginning to like the company of Sebastian, just a little bit.

Back in high school she hated his guts, she was never wanted to be around him. Wherever he was, she would take the opposite turn and tried to be anywhere that he wasn't. However, now things were a little different. She was starting to see him in a new light and it worried her.

Mia hoped that it was just that, that she only liked his company. It scared her to her core, when she felt herself smiling at something funny that Sebastian had done before or just the general thought of him.

In her mind, she had made it clear to herself that this was wrong. This couldn't happen. No ever. Whilst her mind seemed to have understood, there was another stupid organ of her, that wasn't exactly the best listener.

***

As Mia sat at her desk, filling out her weekly to-do list of tasks that she needed to have completed over the week, a knock at her door caused her to look up.